13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
meoh2595 said:
Yes, I am under family sponsorship visa. Thanks!
No, I don't mean which category. I meant which part of Canada are you planning to go? G

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
No, I don't mean which category. I meant which part of Canada are you planning to go? G
to Tsawwassen BC.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
meoh2595 said:
to Tsawwassen BC.
that's a nice area.. :) good luck to you!

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
I would advise that you weigh the Cost Benefits over the Risks. At the end of the day, it comes down to your choice.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Rs85 said:
One thing that has been constantly on my mind,

for me to build a house, i will need to take a loan.
Canada has one of the most expensive housing in the world. You need to have two people (husband and wife) both working at well above the average salary to even think about owning a home in most Canadian cities. In large cities like Vancouver or Toronto dont even dream about a house, you will be lucky to afford a condo apartment.

for me to travel, i need to take a loan.
for me to live, my monthly wages will be just enough.
for me to buy a car, once in every 10 years.
if i have a kid, i will have to think twice before spending.
All of this is identical in Canada, except maybe traveling. (depending on where you want to go. Europe is expensive, but trips to Mexico are pretty cheap)

for me to buy a pizza, my day pay is gone in that.

Our pizza is cheap. But you will likely dearly miss the food, flavours and spices of your homeland and will have difficulty finding them.

to make a saving impossible, now i can because my mom n dad are here.
am well educated, but you earn peanuts.

You will also make peanuts here. Yes the paycheck will be bigger, but so is your rent and your car payments. I think you should try7 to find some accounts your age who live in Canada and talk to them. You will NOT be considered high middle class here. You will be lucky to be low middle class.

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Hi,

It's been 7 months I'v been here..so far am liking it. I got a decent job in an American and pretty happy how things are going. Am in Montreal and I like the city. As am someone who likes to move in live I will consider other cities Toronto mainly and see if there are more prospects

Rs85

Mfrithy

Oct 7, 2014
I know you have a good life there. You are 25 years old. You can try something different! Now is the time to try. I am sure if you stay a day will come when you wonder what it would have been like for you if you moved to Canada. My advise to you, try something and learn. If you are to make mistakes it is now.....greatness begins with change!

imani007

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-02-2016
Rs85 said:
Hi,

It's been 7 months I'v been here..so far am liking it. I got a decent job in an American and pretty happy how things are going. Am in Montreal and I like the city. As am someone who likes to move in live I will consider other cities Toronto mainly and see if there are more prospects

Rs85
Hi Rs85,

Followed your story from the beginning, it great to see that you have settled in nicely, i love your spirit keep it up and all the best in your endeavors... pls stay away from negative people. Cheers.

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Hi imani007 / Mfrithy

Thanks for your support, it's been a good experience and loving it, though I miss my family but it's something I have accepted. Do you guys can tell the opportunites Ontario - Toronto offers compared to Montreal, is there more scope in Ontario?

Now waiting to face the winter, hopefully it won't trouble me too much.

Cheers

zayyaf

Oct 30, 2014
Hi RS85,

I am happy for you that you have settled down in Canada.
However can you get in touch with me please. I am from Mauritius too. Maybe I can get some advice from you.

Thanks,

CNICG

Nov 1, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are pros and cons to every decision one makes. Canada is still a lovely country though.