20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
wilson said:
If any one has a stern decision by himself then why to look for opinions from others. Unanimous suggestions are rare on an open discussion forum. The person who has an unstable plan for future could seek assistance or guidance from others.
True but we shoul dnot atleast demoralise him completely.............Canada is a great country and so are its people........for past few days i have been witnessing lots of negative energy being spread by quite a few pachyderms over here which is really uncalled for..

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you think you can make it here and survive, you should give it a try. As you said you dont want to regret later on for not trying. You have to remenber one thing if you want to succeed in life beyond your expectations then you have to burn all bridges. I strictly mean this in terms of your situation. In other words if you are coming to Canada thinking worst case scenario you can always go back to Mauritius don't do that. That will leave you even more heart broken.

Always remember "moving forward is the ONLY way ahead, going back is never an option". This will make you beyond a survivor and a better fighter, never loose your focus, in the process the life experience you achieve is priceless. The experience you get in the process makes you have patience, makes you a good listener, a good partner, a good father, and most importantly understand and discover yourself, your limitations and your challenges.

Come with an open mind, Wish you all the best

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Thanks DASH, am surely going for it. That's my priority. If don't want to stay in my comfort zone, i want new challenges, experiences.

@ Wilson, ya i wanted to hear what people had to say. I have my certainties and already took my decision. The only hurdle that i faced was i was with girl, who was confusing me with her instability. Now even that is cleared, am just moving with more vigor.

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
@ Newtone : "moving forward is the ONLY way ahead, going back is never an option". ---------> I like this phrase mate.

Your words are very encouraging and inspiring. Thanks mate i know what i have to do, taking the time to reach it !!!!

Cheers mate !!!

kayal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kualalumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th June, 2010
Doc's Request.
10th Dec, 2010
IELTS Request
took in May,2010
Med's Request
6th May,2011
Med's Done....
first test 10th June,2011 - re-tests 20th Sep, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2011
VISA ISSUED...
submitted and collected same day - 25th Oct,2011
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
hi,

Despite what everyone says - considering your age - I would say GO FOR IT.

If not in 20's when else would you try things in life? Especially when you are a bachelor - you have another 5 yrs average to settle down - which is more than enough for you to explore your life in Canada and settle down and think about bringing your family there.

It is all in the mind - why not give your best now than to regret in your late 30s or 40s that you had an opportunity and you should have grabbed it and tried your hands in Canada - this is worse than going to Canada and even failing miserably.

You rather try and lose than not try at all - also you are no refugee with no come back - worst case - you can always fall back on Mauritius.

Good luck to you - dont confuse yourself

TechJohn

Dec 7, 2011
RS85,

I think you need to do ALOT of resurch on 5 of the biggest cities, and the business culture, and its regulations in your particular field. There are ALOT I mean ALOT of immigrants from other countries, including your region, in Vancouver who are Doctors, Pilots, Scientist and Engineers, who drive taxi's, who sell vacume cleaners and other lower paying jobs. A electrician with 20 years experience from Australia was not recognized and they said he would have to go though the apprenticeship. He left Canada back to Australia. My East Indian Physics teacher with a PHD is teaching kids basic physics right out of high school.

The reason is the provincial government, Business and Business regulatory agencies DO NOT recognize training outside our province. Its the real pits when I came here. My USAF helicopter mechanic was not recognized. My IT skills were out of date. My Automotive shop experience would not be recognized because my proof of experience would not be verified because my shop went out of business.

PLEASE PLEASE do as much studding about your qualifications here in BC Canada, if that is the location you want to be a landed immigrant. Call or email companies with your expertise if they would hire you based on your degree? Most I assure you will say no.

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Never
Med's Done....
Done prior to App
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
Rs85,

One of the many things that I very much appreciate here in Montreal is the diversity of people. Some come from places that I would go on vacation, others come from places that I would never risk my life to visit. For whatever reason, they decided to settle here, and (in my opinion) the majority of immigrants today are quite hard working and family oriented.

There are opportunities everywhere in the world – perhaps Canada will offer exactly what you want, perhaps not. It is certainly not a “free ride” for anyone, but from your posts I get the sense that you are not looking for a free ride. I have the feeling that you are an honorable person looking to improve your situation that is unafraid of the risks and effort that will be required to do so. You've built a comfortable life for yourself there, but know inside that it isn't what is going to make you happy.

Knowing what you want and actually doing something to change your circumstances are things that you should be quite proud of. It's also something that most of the people on this forum share with you.

In my case, my family came to Canada in the 1600's from France to start their lives anew. Due to economic circumstances, a part of the family (my part) decided to leave for the U.S. in the late 1800's. I am the first of my family to return to Canada from the U.S. (with a veeeeeery French Canadian last name, I might add) and I did so because I met and married the perfect person who happened to be a Canadian citizen. I accepted the risk of starting over from what many would consider an easy life. I was recently granted permanent residency (it took almost 10 months) and will apply for Canadian citizenship in the future when I am entitled to do so.

My suggestions are:

1. Do the research, as others have suggested. Part of this should include communicating with people already in Canada that you can trust to give their opinions. You've already started by posting your messages here. Recognize that not everyone will be aligned with your opinions but that whatever they are saying will usually have some level of truth in it. Research, research and more research.

2. Don't try to get around the system. Take each step seriously and follow the rules to the letter, as failure to do so may have dire circumstances at a later date. Personally, I followed a policy that the facts of my life and my innermost feelings and intentions would eventually be available to “those that make the decision”. Any misrepresentation could mean disaster – even many years in the future.

3. Read the instructions. Read them again. Know the law. Don't assume anything (again, see #1). Go to the source when you receive conflicting information.

Sometimes the best written instructions will “almost” apply to your situation. If an issue is confused or unclear even after consulting immigration or a “'top level” resource, write a concise letter requesting written clarification of your exact situation. Include their response and all necessary documentation to prove you qualify with whatever application you may submit.

4. Hang in there. Patience is a real virtue when it comes to Canadian immigration. If you come to a point where you don't believe you can move forward, go back to suggestion #1 and work to find (legal) ways to get past the block. Don't waste your time on depression or anger – invest this energy back into yourself!

5. Don't allow yourself to be dissuaded by those with a negative viewpoint or a bias against immigration. Respect their feelings and opinions; however, consider that if the person you are communicating with isn't 100% Native American, then someone in their family past was also an immigrant to Canada.

Like the U.S., Canada was built on immigration and Canada continues to welcome a huge number of immigrants each year. If you qualify and make the effort, you will be successful. That's a fact.

I really hope that you find what you are looking for. Best of luck!

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
@ AtHomeInMontreal,

You have understood my feelings completely, what am seeking to. I know what's inside and thats what driving me to make things happen. I won't be happy here and am not currently and it will get worse and worse over the years.

'You can't be star when you don't have the guts to face the sun.'

I will make it someway or another but not here. I value the risks its worth taking for me.

cheers buddy.

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Teacher: What you wanna be in life?
Student: I wanna be happy
Teacher: You have not understood my question.
Student: Sorry but you have not understood the meaning of life.

canabrit

Dec 8, 2011
[size=10pt]I moved here 2.5 years ago, and not had a great time so far, i live in Alberta, but now im looking to move to Manitoba to start whole peocess again,i have gained lots of info durinf my stay and put it on a website, some of the information may be usefull to some people, have a look.[/size]
emigratetocanada.info

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canabrit said:
[size=10pt]I moved here 2.5 years ago, and not had a great time so far, i live in Alberta, but now im looking to move to Manitoba to start whole peocess again,i have gained lots of info durinf my stay and put it on a website, some of the information may be usefull to some people, have a look.[/size]
emigratetocanada.info

I have looked at your website, I would suggest that others do the same.

I like the way you describe the reality of moving to Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canabrit said:
emigratetocanada.info
I really think you should go over your website and correct the spelling. Also some the information it contains is not correct. You can open your police certificate envelope, there is no dental care in provincial health care plans. Common law is 1 year not 4.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I`d like to add my voice to those who have encouraged RS85 to come to Canada, leaving an island paradise and a comfort zone where he is happy but merely exists without room for professional improvement. That is what ambition is: the willingness to sacrifice present comfort for future betterment.

RS85 works in a bank, probably in a lowly position to judge from his low salary. Great! Canadian banks are looking for bright people with ambition, ready to start at the bottom and learn the business from the ground up. The bank will encourage him to qualify himself (e.g. CFP – Chartered Financial Planner, and other qualifications) which he can get through home study, so that he may advise customers about investing (hopefully with the bank).

Fortunately he is not a professional in his home country, because foreign professionals often find themselves not permitted to practise their profession in Canada – without first spending years re-qualifying.

Instead, RS85 could catch on in Canada relatively easily, and as he rises in the ranks he will be earning more and paying taxes to Canada. He is the type of immigrant Canada needs; he is not coming to use our social welfare systems; he seem ready to contribute to society.

In short, RS85 should be encouraged to come to Canada, not encouraged to stay and vegetate on a beach, no matter how nice the weather. He is (again) exactly the type of immigrant Canada needs.

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.