+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I just upload 1 police certificate for IEC? And I am in Canada, problem?

faefae

Jul 29, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am from Germany but lived in the US for almost 3 years and applied for IEC 2015, was put on waitlist and now got a spot, got my CAL and now trying to get all documents finished in Phase 2. I am already in Canada as tourist for vacation, and was wondering if you know if I need a police certificate just from Germany or also the US (which I already applied for last week Monday so it is in the works just in case)? If I get my mom to get me the german one directly I will probably have that within 1 week, but the US one must be requested from the FBI and I sent it out 2 weeks ago but the website says it takes 11-16 weeks now to be processed???

That's 4 month, so I was wondering as it does not state that I need a US police certificate (it only says: please upload a police certificate) if I can just upload the german one and send it off? Will they tell me afterwards if they also need the US one or should I ask them first before sending it off? I already have a job offer here but need to get the permit and SIN first so hoping to get approved ASAP, do not want to wait 3-4 month for the US certificate...and then maybe another 4-6 weeks for the LOI.
ALSO it states you only have 10 days!!! to send off all the documents, I thought it's 60 days?? So I have to upload a letter that I do not have the PC yet if I cannot get it in time, can that get me denied?

Oh and did anyone here have the same issue that they were in Canada as a tourist but applied for the IEC visa before they came to Canada (so I did apply from outside Canada), but in my passport I have a Canada stamp as a tourist and it says on the PHASE 2 where you upload the Passport photo to upload ALL PAGES that have a stamp or note on it, so if I do that, they know I am in Canada, right? Could that be a problem? I do not want to get denied the IEC because I am on vacation in Canada currently!!! I put Germany on all the address things as that is my country of residence...or do I need to put Canada? (But I am on vacation here so not resident)

Thanks for the help!!!

:)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you lived in the U.S. for 3 years after you were 18, you will need to provide both the German & U.S. PCCs. If you know you won't get them (or one of them) within the time limit, upload a letter of explanation with proof that you have made the application to get it/them.

faefae

Jul 29, 2015
Ok Thanks Lammawitch! So I'll upload the German one and a letter that I am waiting for the US one currently. What do you mean by proof, I only have a fedex tracking number as proof that it was sent to the FBI? Or should I email the FBI and use their response as proof? I read here that many people wait up to 8 weeks and one should not contact them before 6 weeks are up?

And the question about being in Canada as tourist and then wanting to flagpole to activate the work permit, can you answer that? I read on other forums that many people did that so I am hoping it is ok?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upload LOE with confirmation of your application FEDEX &/or receipt).

I see no problem with being in Canada as a tourist then flagpoling to activate your IEC. As you say, it's been done many times before :).

Good luck!