+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I get PCC and Medical or wait?

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am finishing my two years at Work and once I do that my points will increase to 470+

I am wondering if I should get the PCC and Medical done or wait till I get an ITA? Can I submit my documents and get my file started before getting results for Medical and PCC?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
samonfire_007 said:
I am finishing my two years at Work and once I do that my points will increase to 470+
It's hard to predict score for next draw. But you have pretty good chances with 470+

I am wondering if I should get the PCC and Medical done or wait till I get an ITA?
I'd wait for ITA.

Can I submit my documents and get my file started before getting results for Medical and PCC?
No. You must submit proof of medical exam and PCC along with other documents. Few exceptions are possible for PCC though, e.g. if it takes more than 2 month to acquire a PCC, you can submit your application with a proof that you have applied for a PCC.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samonfire_007 said:

I am wondering if I should get the PCC and Medical done or wait till I get an ITA? Can I submit my documents and get my file started before getting results for Medical and PCC?
With the score you have, I am sure getting ITA will not be a problem. If I was in your situation, I will look at getting PCC issued first. I am not sure, where are you and how many countries you need to get the PCC from, also some countries take long time to get PCC processed.
Once you get an ITA, you can get your medical sorted. Also check how busy the designated hospital/ consultants are. Normally the medical gets finished within a day and all you need to do is scan the receipt received in the online application.
All the best

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you . I am in BC and I have to get PCC from India and Canada. Normal time for the one in India is 6 weeks so I think I will get on it ASAP
:)

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
samonfire_007 said:
Thank you . I am in BC and I have to get PCC from India and Canada. Normal time for the one in India is 6 weeks so I think I will get on it ASAP
As far as I know, you don't need PCC from Canada.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
samonfire_007 said:
Only get a PCC from India. If they require an RCMP report for Canada, they will request it from you.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samonfire_007 said:
Apply for Indian PCC from Indian embassy/ high commission in Canada. You don't need to apply for PCC from Canada at this moment, as mentioned by Scottygirl. If IRCC need your PCC from Canada, they will let you know and then you need to get it processed.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
samonfire_007 said:

I always suggest getting documents upfront.

This suppose to in way to streamline your application.