+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I get a PCC from the UAE??!

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I need clarification for the PCC requirements

Landed here in Canada 3 years ago and I’m about to apply for my Canadian citizenship.

History:
I worked in the UAE before moving permanently here in Canada. I got my PCC back then for my PR application.

Im confused about the statement below:

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more.

So I was still in the UAE within the last 4 years since its still my 3rd year here in Canada. So am I going to request again a PCC from the UAE?

Help?

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I need clarification for the PCC requirements

Landed here in Canada 3 years ago and I’m about to apply for my Canadian citizenship.

History:
I worked in the UAE before moving permanently here in Canada. I got my PCC back then for my PR application.

Im confused about the statement below:

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more.

So I was still in the UAE within the last 4 years since its still my 3rd year here in Canada. So am I going to request again a PCC from the UAE?

Help?
I have gone through the exact same situation. You do not need to provide a PCC. See this note from IRCC.

Note: If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.

Reactions: expatuae85

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I have gone through the exact same situation. You do not need to provide a PCC. See this note from IRCC.

Note: If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.
Thank you

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Found below concrete example:

In the past four (4) years, if you spent 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) in a country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate from each country. Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate. If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why. The following examples may help you answer this question.

Example 1
You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html