05-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2015
Hi All,

British citizen married to a Canadian citizen.

We have out application almost ready to send - just waiting on the Police check coming back. I'm wondering about the medical - I believe it can be done upfront which will speed up the process but how much? Is it worth delaying the submission of the application by a couple of weeks in order to get the medical?
Also when I was speaking to the hospital which do the exams they were saying they send the results directly to CIC, how does this work if you haven't yet sent in an application?

Thanks All

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Gazzae said:
Hi All,

We have out application almost ready to send - just waiting on the Police check coming back. I'm wondering about the medical - I believe it can be done upfront which will speed up the process but how much? Is it worth delaying the submission of the application by a couple of weeks in order to get the medical?
Also when I was speaking to the hospital which do the exams they were saying they send the results directly to CIC, how does this work if you haven't yet sent in an application?

Thanks All
It is always advisable to submit all the documents requested but you can obviously submit them once you get them; I am not sure how much time it saves but I am under the impression it helps.

So when you take the tests, they will give you a copy of a letter which contains the applicants information and photo (this is what we got in India) the test done etc and I presume it will be the same and you will attach this letter to the application. They will send the test results directly to CIC and its connected to the applicant by the passport number, name etc and you are able to see medical received in ECAS during the process.

shesosilly

Jan 14, 2015
I did this -- from what I remember, it cost me $230. From 180-230, can't really remember.

The clinic asked me if I already have an application number. I said I didn't because I'm doing an upfront medical and haven't submitted the application yet. They said it's okay, provided me with my own number and they will forward my results to CIC. I also got a copy that my medical was done and included it in my forms that I submitted. Hope that helps!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Gazzae said:
Hi All,

Thanks All
In general you should do everything that you can upfront, to avoid instances where the visa office needs to contact you. Other than the risk they send the request for medicals to the wrong email or something, anytime a visa office requires something from you there is a chance they will put your app on hold with a "bring forward" date. This means even if it just takes you a day to complete the medical when it's requested, the VO may have allocated you 1 month and won't even look at your file again until then, causing unnecessary delay. Some VOs do this, other's don't and will process any feedback instantly.

So things like medical, police checks, paying the RPRF cost... all can possibly be delayed... but it's recommended to do all upfront for quickest possible processing time.

After your upfront medical you must get a receipt from the doctor which will contain your medical file number. You submit this with the application, and the VO can then easily match up your medical receipt number to your medical results the doctor send them directly.

Gazzae

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2015
Thanks all, I had thought it was common not to do the medical until asked but sounds like a lot of people submit it upfront, the downsides I can think of are if the application takes more than a year (maybe unlikely) I would have to do it twice or maybe having a limited time to land in Canada depending on when the visa is issued and the medical expires.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gazzae said:
Thanks all, I had thought it was common not to do the medical until asked but sounds like a lot of people submit it upfront, the downsides I can think of are if the application takes more than a year (maybe unlikely) I would have to do it twice or maybe having a limited time to land in Canada depending on when the visa is issued and the medical expires.
1. If you read the checklist, medicals to be submitted upfront.
2. If they expire, CIC can either extend them for 15 months or request another medical.