+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I declare the business trip to my home country?

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Dear all, I am filling the application form of EE (2019/03 round ITA). I started to work in a Canada company, but was sent back to my home country to work for several months, should I declare this trip as business trip in Travel History part?

I found the notice said "Provide details of any trips has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc." .

But how about my case? I was back to my home country, should I declare it?

Thank you all.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Dear all, I am filling the application form of EE (2019/03 round ITA). I started to work in a Canada company, but was sent back to my home country to work for several months, should I declare this trip as business trip in Travel History part?

I found the notice said "Provide details of any trips has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc." .

But how about my case? I was back to my home country, should I declare it?

Thank you all.
Yes mention all trips even if it’s between your country of residence and country of citizenship.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Yes mention all trips even if it’s between your country of residence and country of citizenship.
Thank you, but my whole work experience in the Canada company is only one year, so will the business travel count as Canada work experience? If not, I may not eligible to apply through CEC....

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Thank you, but my whole work experience in the Canada company is only one year, so will the business travel count as Canada work experience? If not, I may not eligible to apply through CEC....
It was discussed few days ago on this forum that experience outside Canada even though u r paying taxes to Canadian government won’t be counted towards CEC 1 year requirement

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
It was discussed few days ago on this forum that experience outside Canada even though u r paying taxes to Canadian government won’t be counted towards CEC 1 year requirement
could you share the thread of discussion? Seems it is important to me, thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
See during the 1 year of my CEC between 2017-2018, I traveled around 4 times overseas from Canada for 1 week each on a business trip, which totals to 4 weeks. They still counted these 4 weeks as part of my work experience. I was employed and was on the payroll for the Canadian firm all through out the course of my travel. My company provide me a letter of reference for this complete 1 year as well.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
See during the 1 year of my CEC between 2017-2018, I traveled around 4 times overseas from Canada for 1 week each on a business trip, which totals to 4 weeks. They still counted these 4 weeks as part of my work experience. I was employed and was on the payroll for the Canadian firm all through out the course of my travel. My company provide me a letter of reference for this complete 1 year as well.
u claimed points for how many years for cec?

Last edited:

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
:D:D:D
Yeah but during these 52 weeks as I said I was out of the country for 4 weeks on business trips
Ammm! It means OP is eligible and those who said in the thread which I posted as a reference may not be correct or may be by time your application went in processing u already managed to accumulate 4 additional weeks other thn your already banked 52 weeks.

But y m I worried I have already cleared eligibility and criminality and SS ip :D

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
:D:D:D
Ammm! It means OP is eligible and those who said in the thread which I posted as a reference may not be correct or may be by time your application went in processing u already managed to accumulate 4 additional weeks other thn your already banked 52 weeks.

But y m I worried I have already cleared eligibility and criminality and SS ip :D
As I said before as long as you have a supporting letter of reference highlighting your work experience and duration whether you are here or any other place it will not make a difference

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
As I said before as long as you have a supporting letter of reference highlighting your work experience and duration whether you are here or any other place it will not make a difference
Well, hope so, but my case is some special, my out of country duration is some long, around 5-6 months, and total experience in this company is one year. So...I am not sure whether that count in, you know...