+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I create EE profile now or do EOR first to get writing score from 7 to 7.5?

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
TL;DR I am going to open my EE profile. I want to know if I should go for EOR in writing, hoping to max out IELTS score (from 7 to 7.5) or if it's not worth the time/money based on my current situation?

I'm 28 years of age, from India. I got my IELTS eTRF today scoring 8.5,8,7,8 in LRWS respectively. I had my ECA done 3 weeks ago having Canadian equivalency of "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)". I was about to create my express entry profile but then I thought I should ask the community once for advice.

CRS calculator says 471 will be my score. I'm not sure what the cut-offs will be when the FSW draws start again(end May or June as everyone is expecting), so I want to maximise my chances for an ITA. I was quite confident in my writing at the exam, but I'm not sure how rare a jump from 7 to 7.5 is in writing module. I've read many comments in reddit where people say anything above 7 is really hard to get.

I've asked about this briefly in facebook but half of the people are saying I should go for EOR and the other half is advising against it. That's confusing me a little bit because if most people suggested either of the two, it would have been easier for me to take a decision. I just want to know if I should immediately get into the pool with estimated score(471) and forget about EOR or if I should wait out 2-3 weeks to do the EOR for writing (cause FSW has no news yet)!

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
TL;DR I am going to open my EE profile. I want to know if I should go for EOR in writing, hoping to max out IELTS score (from 7 to 7.5) or if it's not worth the time/money based on my current situation?

I'm 28 years of age, from India. I got my IELTS eTRF today scoring 8.5,8,7,8 in LRWS respectively. I had my ECA done 3 weeks ago having Canadian equivalency of "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)". I was about to create my express entry profile but then I thought I should ask the community once for advice.

CRS calculator says 471 will be my score. I'm not sure what the cut-offs will be when the FSW draws start again(end May or June as everyone is expecting), so I want to maximise my chances for an ITA. I was quite confident in my writing at the exam, but I'm not sure how rare a jump from 7 to 7.5 is in writing module. I've read many comments in reddit where people say anything above 7 is really hard to get.

I've asked about this briefly in facebook but half of the people are saying I should go for EOR and the other half is advising against it. That's confusing me a little bit because if most people suggested either of the two, it would have been easier for me to take a decision. I just want to know if I should immediately get into the pool with estimated score(471) and forget about EOR or if I should wait out 2-3 weeks to do the EOR for writing (cause FSW has no news yet)!
It's obvious that no one but you can answer your question, that is why you get mixed responses. Whether to go for EOR or not is only you can decide: if you think that your essay is worth 7.5, then go for it, if you don't - don't. You have to understand, that they will not give you additional 0.5 points just because you ask them.

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
If you go for EOR and the scores changes you should be able to update the scores on the EE profile.. as states in the comment above, only you can decide if you should go be an EOR or not....

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I'm going to create my EE profile, and I won't ask for EOR. Thanks for your feedbacks.

474 vs. 471 - How big of a difference is it anyways in terms of getting ITAs, during this pandemic scenario?

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
I'm going to create my EE profile, and I won't ask for EOR. Thanks for your feedbacks.

474 vs. 471 - How big of a difference is it anyways in terms of getting ITAs, during this pandemic scenario?
It is actually big, but no one is sure if your EOR will come out with a positive result!!

Reactions: scylla

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
My scores are 474 only due to the CLB 10 in each IELTS module. And our scores suggest that you and I claimed the same number of points in every human capital factor, as you and I have exactly the same scores. I would say go for EOR, give it a try. Who knows. Even at the CRS of 474, I am a bit skeptical as to whether I will be able to receive the ITA in the upcoming months, because last year also, it started at 478, and then gradually, it plummeted to and hovered around 470s.
How long have you been in the pool? Also how long with 474?

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I have been in the pool since long, I think it's been 2 years, but my scores were very low due to IELTS and only having bachelor's, so never received any invite.
I sat the exam again this January and since then, sitting in the pool at CRS 474, so 2 months since 474.
Very recently I've been led to believe that getting 7.5 in writing is very difficult, so congrats on cracking that.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your score before that and how long did you have in that particular score?
I want to set my expectations accordingly on waiting period.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I don't know what score you are referring to? IELTS or CRS? If you are asking about my IELTS scores, then it's been quite a journey. This was my 8th attempt. Since last 2 years, kept trying and trying, and always got stuck at 6.5 in Writing, and 7 in Speaking. Always. The rest 2 modules were always 8-8.5, so had no problems with that. Then, booked my 7th attempt in early January, and again, well, failed. Again 6.5 in Writing. Then again, booked my 8th attempt, and this time, jumped from 6.5 to 7.5 in Writing and from 7 to 8 in Speaking. There was no middle ground this time.
I meant the CRS you had right before the CLB 10 ielts score. I get it now and thank you for sharing that. Quite an incredible journey indeed.
I probably shouldn't ask this because no one knows for sure. But according to the veterans of this forum, when are we expecting the FSW draws to start again? Is there any indication based on previous years draws or something?

I'm very new to this forum, so please excuse if these questions seem trivial.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I meant the CRS you had right before the CLB 10 ielts score. I get it now and thank you for sharing that. Quite an incredible journey indeed.
I probably shouldn't ask this because no one knows for sure. But according to the veterans of this forum, when are we expecting the FSW draws to start again? Is there any indication based on previous years draws or something?

I'm very new to this forum, so please excuse if these questions seem trivial.
Previous year draws are irrelevant. Everything is different now due to COVID.19.

No one here knows when the next draw will happen. Everyone is guessing. Some people think it will happen next week and some people think we are many many months away. These are all just guesses.

Find the "ray of hope" thread and join discussions there if you want to see what people are guessing.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Previous year draws are irrelevant. Everything is different now due to COVID.19.

No one here knows when the next draw will happen. Everyone is guessing. Some people think it will happen next week and some people think we are many many months away. These are all just guesses.

Find the "ray of hope" thread and join discussions there if you want to see what people are guessing.
What do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

Go for EOR. 8K INR is worth bet to get 3 points if you succeed and you are going to get that money back.

I had applied for EOR twice. Score got changed both times. Once to change my score from CLB 8 to CLB 9 (W was changed from 6.5 to 7). Then I wrote IELTS again after two months, actually to accompany my wife. But I got CLB 10 in all and clb 9 in speaking. Applied for EOR and score got changed to 7.5.

I am not saying they do it everytime, however it is worth trying. We spend so much for Immigration and this is just a tiny part of it.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

Also create profile now with whatever score you have. Because later if your score becomes the cut off for FSW draw, then the profile creation date is used as tie breaker. Earlier you create better it is.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Also create profile now with whatever score you have. Because later if your score becomes the cut off for FSW draw, then the profile creation date is used as tie breaker. Earlier you create better it is.
Okay. I'll open my profile today.

If I apply for EOR tomorrow, is that going to cause any problems? I read somewhere that when EOR is in progress, the existing TRF is invalid or something and can't be used

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Okay. I'll open my profile today.

If I apply for EOR tomorrow, is that going to cause any problems? I read somewhere that when EOR is in progress, the existing TRF is invalid or something and can't be used
Thanks for letting me know and I did not know about it. You are correct

https://tw.ieltsasia.org/en/BritishCouncil-Enquiry-on-Results check the "Usage of TRF" section.

However, the link says when EOR is in progress you cannot send it to Immigration meanimg Immigration cannot verify your TRF. I believe, IRCC verifies your IELTS only after you apply post receiving ITA. This should not affect creation of profile. So create profile with current TRF. If there is change in score, update test date on profile. If not, you dont have to do anything.

In case if you receive ITA in between, wait till EOR is complete and then apply. That is what I would do.