+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I change the course after getting rejection on study permit?

Atmiya Patel

Mar 27, 2021
So if you don't have enough money, how can the visa officer be sure you can even pay for your living expenses and tuition fees and return flight home?
In SDS file,we are paying fees of 1year all together which itself is a proof that I can pay fees and return flight home. So you are trying to say if my file is rejected, I should applied for master program otherwise I will not have career in Canada through graduate certificate course wherein there is written in admission requirements that person should have degree from college or equivalent experience of two years in their relevant field.

Atmiya Patel

Mar 27, 2021
A PG program is better but you need to decide on the a program that shows career progression in your home country. Project management courses can be taken online or in your home country so why do you need to come to Canada for it.
Why anyone would spend a lot of money to learn on online education? If project management can be done by online education, Industrial Automation course is there which cannot be completed through onine education.

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Hello sir,

Actually I got rejection for study permit with reasons stating that you will not leave Canada after your studies amd second reason is your course selection is not relevant to your previous studies and work experience. Now let me explain what I did. I did bachlor in electrical engineering in 2016 after that I am doing job related to what I studied. I took electrical engineering technician program for study in Canada and I got rejection. I am perplexed on should I change the course to project management which is 1 year course or should I reapply with the same course(electrical engineering technician - 2 years). I would be grateful to you if you can answer as soon as possible. Thank you!
I'm sorry to hear about you refusal. Don't get disheartened!
If you really wish to pursue electrical engineering program, then write a strong SOP. Make sure you address why exactly you have chosen the said you course. Do some research and make the VO understand, having finished a bachelor's degree, how exactly this course will actually improve/advance your subject knowledge and accelerate your career back in your home country or around the world.

Provide a solid financial proof and explain in your own way that how you will not over welcome you stay in Canada if they grant you a study permit.

Also, Please see other threads, where people have shared their experience in getting their SP approved- after a long gap, different course, etc. ..,
Worry not, Just don't rush. Reapply with a strong convincing SOP and other necessary requirements.

Hope this helps!

All the best! :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why anyone would spend a lot of money to learn on online education? If project management can be done by online education, Industrial Automation course is there which cannot be completed through onine education.
Most people on here who have done MBAs have completed it online. Why do you need a Canadian education for your career progression?

Atmiya Patel

Mar 27, 2021
Hii,

I have tried for master(electrical and computer engineering) in Windsor university and got rejection by saying that you had 5 backlogs. Now, considering visa point of view(as i got visa refusal on electrical engineering technician program), my agent told me that I should go for university only. Now, I am not eligible for master in electrical in university. so my agent is saying that go for master in supply chain management in university. I am not convince for this course as I have 3 years of experience in my field and I may get offer letter in Conestoga college for post graduate course(robotics and industrial Automation).

What should I do? Should I reapply my visa on field course in college or apply in university for master in supply chain management or project management?

genuine response would be apricated.

Thanks!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hii,

I have tried for master(electrical and computer engineering) in Windsor university and got rejection by saying that you had 5 backlogs. Now, considering visa point of view(as i got visa refusal on electrical engineering technician program), my agent told me that I should go for university only. Now, I am not eligible for master in electrical in university. so my agent is saying that go for master in supply chain management in university. I am not convince for this course as I have 3 years of experience in my field and I may get offer letter in Conestoga college for post graduate course(robotics and industrial Automation).

What should I do? Should I reapply my visa on field course in college or apply in university for master in supply chain management or project management?

genuine response would be apricated.

Thanks!
If you have a background in ECE and then go for SCM your chances of getting a visa is almost zero. Are there not other universities besides uWindsor that you can apply to for ECE? I agree with your agent that you should look at public universities but definitely not an irrelevant (to your career) course such as SCM.

Atmiya Patel

Mar 27, 2021
If you have a background in ECE and then go for SCM your chances of getting a visa is almost zero. Are there not other universities besides uWindsor that you can apply to for ECE? I agree with your agent that you should look at public universities but definitely not an irrelevant (to your career) course such as SCM.
Thanks for reply. I am not eligible in university for master course due to my poor academics and I don't want to go for futile universities whose esucation do not worthy. What is your view in considering project management in university? I am afraid that If I put my visa on management course, VO straight away reject my application as previously I had selected technical course. So I think post graduate course in my field in college is the only option that I have right now. What is your view?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for reply. I am not eligible in university for master course due to my poor academics and I don't want to go for futile universities whose esucation do not worthy. What is your view in considering project management in university? I am afraid that If I put my visa on management course, VO straight away reject my application as previously I had selected technical course. So I think post graduate course in my field in college is the only option that I have right now. What is your view?
You can go for a PG certificate in a reputable public college. You need to eloquently explain the reason behind this decision in your SOP. Good luck.

Atmiya Patel

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Will it affect negatively on my visa file if I take Project management course in university? I think so. What is your view?

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Hii, Please anyone reply on this? Thank you.
I got refused twice with the same sentence regarding my choice of program being not a very good succession for me and hence not a reasonable expense so I had to change it. If you’ve only been refuse once and you feel like you can justify your choice better than last time then don’t change.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I dont think phrase “i dont want to go to futile university” fits in your situation as you have poor academic grades, and you dont want to get another rejection because of the choice of program. Mind you, VO has records of your previous application, and will make reference on caips from whoever refused your VO. You need strong profile to overcome both including why reasons for your past refusal, not diverting choice of program

Kunwar10

Aug 14, 2021
Hi Guys. My study permit is refused twice for business analysis course at Fanshawe College on grounds of 1. Won't return back to your home country. 2. Course is irrelevant to your previous studies and work ex. What should I do now? Should I change my course
My profile is : 10th - 8.6 CGPA, 12th 68.4%, Btech in IT 7.8 CGPA (no backlogs)
2018 graduate.
* Started my own company related to talent acquisition (10 months)|
* Worked as an IT Executive at a MNC for 1.1 Years
* Working as a Business analyst intern in a company from 4 months.
Please guys spare some time and share your views.