+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I Buy car from US or Canada ?

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hi, I am planning on doing a soft landing in Toronto in November 2019 from US. I already have a car which will add to goods to follow list but I am planning on buying another car and selling the one I already have after November.
My question is, is it possible to make changes in goods to follow list after landing and add a different car?
Should I just wait and change car when I am in Canada?
Any ideas if it better to import from USA to Canada due to price difference or I will end up paying more in duty?

Thanks in advance! please share your inputs!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, I am planning on doing a soft landing in Toronto in November 2019 from US. I already have a car which will add to goods to follow list but I am planning on buying another car and selling the one I already have after November.
My question is, is it possible to make changes in goods to follow list after landing and add a different car?
Should I just wait and change car when I am in Canada?
Any ideas if it better to import from USA to Canada due to price difference or I will end up paying more in duty?

Thanks in advance! please share your inputs!
When landing with intent to settle for a year, you provide goods to follow and at that point that list is frozen. Thereafter, you can only deduct items from the list as you bring them in.
For items bought after you are landing, you need to pay duty as applicable

Reactions: ggeet