+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I bring the Citizenship Test Letter with me on the test day? Plz help

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear experienced people,

Finally I got my test notice. My test is on April 30th. I checked it online last night. The problem is that I don't have access to my mail. I called CIC this morning to know the address of the test location and they were kind and sent me an email with the address and the documents that I should bring with me when doing the test. I have all the documents BUT as I said I don't have access to mail so I don't have the Citizenship Test Letter. Can I go to the test without the The Notice To Appear To Write A Citizenship Test Letter? Please help.

T

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Yes you should.

janoo

May 16, 2014
did u give them the email address than go to any library and print if you have
not given the e mail than they will send u by post if you do not have any thing
than you have to go at least 1 hr earlier they will handover to you at the test
centre.

enjoy relex and wish you all the best of luck.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think a bit of context will help. Any reasons why you do not have access to your mails?

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I have some family problems and I can't go home to fetch the mail. Can I call the CIC and ask them to send the Citizenship Test Letter for me by email?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamara_ said:
Actually I have some family problems and I can't go home to fetch the mail. Can I call the CIC and ask them to send the Citizenship Test Letter for me by email?
I doubt it. Keep in mind that this may be noted in your file and may trigger RQ. You are basically telling them you aren't residing at the address you indicated in your application and have not updated your new address as required. I don't believe that not having access to mail will be overlooked by CIC.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... I understand some time such thing happened. do you have check your e cas
get the print out and attend the test once test done you will be waiting for oath
and than you done... this time any mistake will trigger RQ and you have to wait
for 40 months as am waiting.....

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the letter is mandatory unless you have a valid reason such as the letter was not delivered. your reason sounds like a very valid RQ trigger. any reason why you had not updated the address for your case? would suggest that you update your address soonest possible

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi... I understand some time such thing happened. do you have check your e cas
get the print out and attend the test once test done you will be waiting for oath
and than you done... this time any mistake will trigger RQ and you have to wait
for 40 months as am waiting.....
+1

A print out from eCAS will make it.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Can I just print the eCAS and go to the test location? What If I say to the officer that I forgot Citizenship Test Letter? What might happen? I think I am going crazy. I am thinking of all the possible solution that I take the test and avoid RQ. What do u think?

janoo

May 16, 2014
just show the e cas and tell them that the letter not reached they will take the test
at time of interview they may ask this question but I do not think..... good luck and
do not think too much... if you have any friend who may help to get your test letter
from your given address will be a best soloution or neighbour am sure in this world
lot of people are kind hearted who can do for you some favour and am sure the person
holding this paper have no important except to give you hard time... hopefully
people change and try your best and hope all will be well..

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
just show the e cas and tell them that the letter not reached they will take the test
at time of interview they may ask this question but I do not think..... good luck and
do not think too much... if you have any friend who may help to get your test letter
from your given address will be a best soloution or neighbour am sure in this world
lot of people are kind hearted who can do for you some favour and am sure the person
holding this paper have no important except to give you hard time... hopefully
people change and try your best and hope all will be well..
I agree with this. Get someone else to retrieve your test letter. Not having the test letter can easily cause you to get RQ.

Good luck

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Out of curiosity, why haven't you updated your mailing address at CIC website?