+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I be worried...

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
I have been waiting to hear something from Damascus for 3 months now, and I havent heard a thing. Should I worried that something might be wrong, or is it usually better when it takes a little more time to hear something?? I am getting worried because I havent heard anything at all!!

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Selena said:
I have been waiting to hear something from Damascus for 3 months now, and I havent heard a thing. Should I worried that something might be wrong, or is it usually better when it takes a little more time to hear something?? I am getting worried because I havent heard anything at all!!
At what stage is your application? How long it has been 'in progress' state? What was the last letter/message that you got from the visa office?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
according to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp
in 3 months only 30% of cases finalized, and the maximum time is 7 months. so don't get so much worried, you still have time, you will soon hear from them.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I went by Damascus as well. As I have noticed , they usually are fast as long as you have a straight forward file and they don't send update or reply on email unless your file exceed the 6 month period. They are even considered one of the fastest embassies because of the high number of officers they have.
The issue is, Damascus deals with several Arabic country, so they sometime tend to have an intense background check for male, because of the obvious (war, military...) and because they have to deal with these Arabic country to check the background, it take time because these country aren't very well equipped and trained to work fast and efficient. My case took 4 month since receiving the AOR. Do you know where you stand in the processing or no clue at all?

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Selena can we get your timelines please. that way we know what stage your at. Anywas I'm waiting for damascus to haven't heard anything from them yet still waiting has been 2 months in process. still got 5 months to go. Hopefully they well say something soon. :)

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
I have heard cases of friends who have received their visa within 3 months. So I am thinking that mine should be soon as well because I sent everything including medical, passport for 5 years, full amout of money needed. so i dont think they will need anything else from us. Does Damascus usually take 7 months or is that rare??

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Also, what does "in queue for assessment" mean?? Does this mean it has been processed and now it just has to be assessed by someone higher up??

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I guess it's one of the final steps of your application. we had it the same before they started finalizing our case.