+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i apply for travel doc or tourist visa ?

TkNeo

Dec 7, 2009
I was a canadian PR since July 06 and have not met residency obligations and have lost my PR card. Earlier this year i went to canada on a travel document. It was issued because i believe if i had stayed i would have made my residency obligations

I want to travel to Canada during christmas and want to know what are my options? I wont fulfill the residency obligations for sure so would they issue me a travel document ? Or should i apply for a tourist visa instead ?

I am not interested in saving my canadian PR

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TkNeo said:
I was a canadian PR since July 06 and have not met residency obligations and have lost my PR card. Earlier this year i went to canada on a travel document. It was issued because i believe if i had stayed i would have made my residency obligations

I want to travel to Canada during christmas and want to know what are my options? I wont fulfill the residency obligations for sure so would they issue me a travel document ? Or should i apply for a tourist visa instead ?

I am not interested in saving my canadian PR
1. Extremely doubtful that CIC/CHC will issue a travel document the second time.
2. You will have to attend a CIC/CHC and voluntarily relinquish your PR status before they will issue a TRV.

PMM

TkNeo

Dec 7, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your quick reply. By any chance do you have answers to the following questions..

1. Can i go to any CIC in US ?
2. Can I relinquishing my PR and then get a TRV the same day..