+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i apply for more than one university?

myleneferns

Jan 28, 2019
I currently work in the AML department for an MNC in India with a total of 3.5 years of work experience. i have currently applied to the Financial Services Compliance Administration Program at Seneca College as I wish to develop my career in the said field. My IELTS score is 7.5. Since Seneca is the only college offering a graduate certificate in Compliance, I've only applied at Seneca. What are the chances of getting selected? Could anybody assist me with any other college offering a similar graduate certificate course?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I currently work in the AML department for an MNC in India with a total of 3.5 years of work experience. i have currently applied to the Financial Services Compliance Administration Program at Seneca College as I wish to develop my career in the said field. My IELTS score is 7.5. Since Seneca is the only college offering a graduate certificate in Compliance, I've only applied at Seneca. What are the chances of getting selected? Could anybody assist me with any other college offering a similar graduate certificate course?
If that's a niche course then you would expect seats to be competitive amongst people who want to do that program. No one can guess when you would receive an offer letter.

For example, I applied to two colleges, one college gave me an offer letter in 10 days and I am still waiting for the other college. Some people have not got offer letter from the college which gave it to me in 10 days, and other people have got offer letter in the college where my application is still pending. No one can tell anything.

It is the same course with identical admission requirements between both colleges. Search for a broader course for a backup option. I always recommend having at least 2 colleges.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Usually, people apply in minimum 4 institutes. Out of which, there should be 1 where the chances of your acceptance are high. 1-2 could be moderate ranked. And, 1 of your choice or top tier institute. I would recommend you to check other programs in other colleges which are similar to the course you did.