CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Thanks for all the feedback. Its a bummer that despite being proactive, I still have to deal with this kind of uncertainty. They advise you to apply for PCCs early on but maybe that's not the best route. Honestly, given the proximity of the US, there should be some kind of language that clears this up.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My situation is that I did not stayed in the US for 6 consecutive months. My 6 months got accumulated due to the number of visits. Is that considered as living there?

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Yea. So if you spend 6 months cumulatively anywhere since turning 18, you need to provide a certificate now. They changed the guidelines at some point- before it was only if it was 6 months consecutively.

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samroc said:
Yea. So if you spend 6 months cumulatively anywhere since turning 18, you need to provide a certificate now. They changed the guidelines at some point- before it was only if it was 6 months consecutively.
Yea. I hope I get my PCC after I return to my home country.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
quick update - I got my PPR request yesterday. I ended up going with Option 1 - Applying for a new one and uploading a LOE -although I was not asked for a new FBI PCC.

PD2490

Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum and have a quick question. I live in the US and applied for the PCC which was issued to me on Feb 20, 2018. However, I then had to travel to Mexico for a week in March. I am going to submit my application for the express entry pool soon and was wondering if my US PCC is still valid. Do I need to get a new PCC because I left the country for 6 days?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok this is an old post revived. The correct answer back then was that he did not need to apply for a new PCC as long as his last PCC was less than 6 months old and that is regardless of his travels.

So anwser for you as long as you manage to get AOR within 6 months of when your PCC was issued you can use it regardless of the further travels.
It is obvious that you cannot stop life because of the application and your PCC will not be all the same date.
The last live rule is for older PCC where you did not live there anymore (never visited that country again), but you have paperwork that was issued after (so it does cover your whole history there). Then it does not matter how old that PCC would be.

PD2490

Mar 20, 2018
Thank y
Ok this is an old post revived. The correct answer back then was that he did not need to apply for a new PCC as long as his last PCC was less than 6 months old and that is regardless of his travels.

So anwser for you as long as you manage to get AOR within 6 months of when your PCC was issued you can use it regardless of the further travels.
It is obvious that you cannot stop life because of the application and your PCC will not be all the same date.
The last live rule is for older PCC where you did not live there anymore (never visited that country again), but you have paperwork that was issued after (so it does cover your whole history there). Then it does not matter how old that PCC would be.
Thank you so much! Very helpful

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Hey all, i know this is a very old thread but if anyone can help with my situation then i will really appreciate it.

I had a question about my PR application for which i was hoping if you could help answer it or know anything about it. My AOR date is 27th October 2023 and I received PPR sometime in mid December. I Also got married in late November and because of that i didn’t send my passport for stamping. I requested ircc to add my spouse to my application.

Now my spouse has been added to my application as a dependent and i am seeing her under my profile.

We have submitted all the documents for her and received the AOR for document submission.

But my question is since i currently live in US and her in India, can she exit India now that we have submitted all the forms, pcc, marriage proof etc? Will the Indian pcc that we submitted be invalid if she leaves India? Do you happen to know anything about this ?

P.S. We have also not received BIL request for her as of now.