+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Term WP approved..need to send the passport for stamping

Gupan1111

Nov 13, 2013
Hello friends..

Great forum and good source of info..

Actually my short term WP (GATS) got approved recently and I was asked to submit my passport (along with my spouse) to NY consulate. We have been given 30 days time period to submit this else visa could be refused. Unfortunately my wife is out of country and will return only during last week of Dec (urgent work). I am also going going to overseas for some urgent work (was planned 2 weeks before getting the passport submission request).

My question is:
- Can I submit my passport to Canadian High Commission overseas?
- Can I send NYC a letter to extend the time period for passport submission? Do they accept genuine cases?
- Or If I can go in person to NYC tomorrow and collect my passport after giving them the reasons?

Request everyone to shoot your thoughts and way to sort this out.

Many thanks.

Gupan1111

Nov 13, 2013
URGENT_Re: Short Term WP approved..need to send the passport for stamping

Is there anyone who could share his/her thoughts??

Eagerly waiting for any help..

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Gupan1111 said:
Hello friends..

Great forum and good source of info..

Actually my short term WP (GATS) got approved recently and I was asked to submit my passport (along with my spouse) to NY consulate. We have been given 30 days time period to submit this else visa could be refused. Unfortunately my wife is out of country and will return only during last week of Dec (urgent work). I am also going going to overseas for some urgent work (was planned 2 weeks before getting the passport submission request).

My question is:
- Can I submit my passport to Canadian High Commission overseas?
- Can I send NYC a letter to extend the time period for passport submission? Do they accept genuine cases?
- Or If I can go in person to NYC tomorrow and collect my passport after giving them the reasons?

Request everyone to shoot your thoughts and way to sort this out.

Many thanks.

This is a no-brainer, man. Contact the NYC visa office ASAP (if you haven't already) and explain the situation you're in. You have a good reason to have that regular 30-day period extended and the visa officers understand that you have other engagements separate from your planned move to Canada. They are humans and hopefully can empathize too. I don't think they just take pleasure in refusing visas