+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Stay/Soft Landing

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
because one could still be denied entry upon landing with COPR like when one fails to show proof of funds, misrepresentation etc.
ok got it. thanks.

another question, I'm gonna do soft landing and I'll bring my computer back, and I'll buy a new phone during soft landing stay. Do I have to add them into the good to follow list? I will mostly bring clothes and books, nothing more.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
ok got it. thanks.

another question, I'm gonna do soft landing and I'll bring my computer back, and I'll buy a new phone during soft landing stay. Do I have to add them into the good to follow list? I will mostly bring clothes and books, nothing more.
For an item bought in Canada, it should be fine. Taxes are already paid and the item cleared all Canadian regulations. Have a receipt just to be safe.
For your follow list, you might just want to mention all current items in your follow list. Bringing less than what you had declared should be fine.

Reactions: sebzecan

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
For an item bought in Canada, it should be fine. Taxes are already paid and the item cleared all Canadian regulations. Have a receipt just to be safe.
For your follow list, you might just want to mention all current items in your follow list. Bringing less than what you had declared should be fine.
thanks a lot!

GO4PRADEEP

Jul 22, 2017
Just incase if anyone like me interested to know more ....

I have recently finished the landing formalities, everything went smooth except for the wait time about 2hrs for immigration. Haven't got landing card in flight as everything was computerized. I should say those machines at the airport are pretty smart.. the moment you scan your passport it will tell you which flight you travelled on. Nothing was asked about BSF186 form.

There came the words 'Congratulations, now you are the PR of Canada.Welcome to Canada. Stay for 2/5 years to continue the status and 3/5 years to apply for Citizenship.

There is a counter next to Immigration to apply for SIN and took about 30 mins to get it. They gave a booklet on Canada and very much impressed by it. It has everything one needs to know on their first visit. Of course that what the book should meant to be.

Took about 3hrs for the entire process and to get out of airport. I must say people are very friendly except for few who looked a bit grumpy.
Hello KUSRBO,

Did you open the bank account while soft landing and do you think opening a bank account while soft landing would be important as per your experience??

Sufireen

Mar 15, 2019
Hi,
I received my Copr letter and I'm intending to travel in June. I will be staying with my brother in Toronto. My question is, if I can stay back in Canada and not leave and buy only one way ticket

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hi,
I received my Copr letter and I'm intending to travel in June. I will be staying with my brother in Toronto. My question is, if I can stay back in Canada and not leave and buy only one way ticket
Yeah, thats what most people do.You can book tickets later to go back to your home country. no harm in that.

Reactions: Sufireen

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
I am planning a soft landing next month for 2 weeks with my spouse.
What insurance cover is mandatory for both of us? Is there a minimum sum insured thats required? We plan to buy only Travel Insurance for 2 weeks. Will that be enough or would we need more?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I am planning a soft landing next month for 2 weeks with my spouse.
What insurance cover is mandatory for both of us? Is there a minimum sum insured thats required? We plan to buy only Travel Insurance for 2 weeks. Will that be enough or would we need more?
Insurance is not mandatory but as per other answer not advised for anyone who travels to North America to not have travel insurance even someone doing a soft PR landing given as a soft lander would not have health cover.