+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Landing

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hello,

If I arrive in Canada for a short landing, do I need to tell that to the immigration officer at the airport?
I'm afraid that if I tell him/her that I only stay in Canada for a few days to take care of the paperwork, they will not accept the Canadian address that I provide them to mail PR card to.

Is it mandatory to present (roundtrip) flight tickets to the immigration officer? If they see the flight tickets, they will know that I am doing a short landing and I don't really want to let them know that unless I have to.

Thanks for any feedback!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - They won't ask whether you're doing a soft landing or not.
2 - Even if you tell them they won't refuse the address for the PR card.
3 - They won't ask for round flight tickets.

All in all, they couldn't care less. Even if you leave Canada immediately after finishing the landing process they still wouldn't care.

N

newtoexpressentry

1 - They won't ask whether you're doing a soft landing or not.
2 - Even if you tell them they won't refuse the address for the PR card.
3 - They won't ask for round flight tickets.

All in all, they couldn't care less. Even if you leave Canada immediately after finishing the landing process they still wouldn't care.
only thing is PR card takes 2 months roughly to come in mail to a canadian address only

Reactions: comeafteralone

nilsen21

May 31, 2017
Just completed my landing @ Peace bridge and drove back to US.

On 31st, I decided to complete my landing formalities. So on 1st, along with my spouse + 2 yr old, drove all the way from NYC to Peace Bridge. By the time we reached it was 7pm Monday. The officer at the checkpost asked me why i was there. Told him I was landing. Asked me if i am planning to stay. I said no, to which he enquiref why I am landing now. Told them this is just temp & plan to come back in Apr. he gave me a yellow firm, told me to park my car & go inside the office.

Once inside, had to check in. Was told that since its monday, they might not process it as there is high volume- Truely speaking it was quite empty, maybe 2 other families. But, after some time, got called from a different officer who askef for fre details. All in all to het the entite landing done, it took us 1 hr.

Next day , went to the service Canada office & got the SIN number. You need SIN number to get an employment.

All in all good trip, barring the snow. Back in US the next day.

Reactions: moose17