Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I landed last week with my family in Canada.

We plan to go back to home country and wrap up things like property and other stuff. We are planning to be back in 2016 or 2017.

Please help me with following questions,

1. If I should apply for GST/HST credit application and send the form to Tax Centre.
2. As I will be working in the home country, my income in home country will be taxable in Canada?
3. Should I also apply for Child benefits?

What all things at a minimum I should do before I leave?

Urgent as I am leaving soon.

Regards,

JPK77

Aug 28, 2015
fresher_2013 said:
Hi,

We plan to go back to home country and wrap up things like property and other stuff. We are planning to be back in 2016 or 2017.

1. If I should apply for GST/HST credit application and send the form to Tax Centre.
2. As I will be working in the home country, my income in home country will be taxable in Canada?

Regards,
End of the year you have to report your world income.. and tax depends on your ties with canada..

Aug 30, 2015
The answer to your question depends on a lot of factors.

Did you earn any Canadian source income while in Canada? If not, and assuming you will not be in the country for more than 183 days this year you may not be taxable on your non-Canadian income.

What status did you have to enter Canada?

Phil Hogan, CPA, CA
250-381-2400
phil@hutcheson.ca

fresher_2013 said:
Hi,

Regards,