+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short landing only for few hours or one day ( maximum

ca.nishant

Jun 30, 2014
Hi Seniors,
I have a very basic query. I am planning to do a very short landing ( say only for few hours) or maximum one day in Canada. This could be the case if e.g. I am going to US and from there I plan this type of landing and come back to US. This is just to make sure that i do the required landing within the expiry of the PR visa. However after that I will plan for going permanently.
Query is whether there is any clause which specifies some minimum stay for short term landing??
Please help as this may save a good money for me.
rgds

canadamylove

Oct 21, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3 '14
Doc's Request.
App Rcvd:May 8 '14
Nomination.....
DD:Jul 17 '14
AOR Received.
Line 1:Aug 10 '14
IELTS Request
PER:Aug 18 '14
File Transfer...
Line 2:Oct 16 '14
Med's Request
Dec 10 '14
Med's Done....
Dec 24 '14
Interview........
RPRF:Dec 2 '14
Passport Req..
Jan 6 '15
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 5 '15
LANDED..........
Apr 8 '15
how can you save money? also as soon as u land your PR will be applied be default by the system.......currently its taking 90 days to deliver regular and 65 urgent..........ONLY to the Canadian addresses........to re enter into Canada you will need to have PR card or PR Travel Document.......the later may take up to 10 days to issue......

my advice.......don't land and don't waste your time and money for sake of just touching the border. make a full permanent landing later when you are ready.

ca.nishant

Jun 30, 2014
canadamylove said:
how can you save money? also as soon as u land your PR will be applied be default by the system.......currently its taking 90 days to deliver regular and 65 urgent..........ONLY to the Canadian addresses........to re enter into Canada you will need to have PR card or PR Travel Document.......the later may take up to 10 days to issue......

my advice.......don't land and don't waste your time and money for sake of just touching the border. make a full permanent landing later when you are ready.
Hi, actually I would already be in US for some work..so this way money will be saved and also...If I can give some address of my known/acquaintance in Canada , they can get the PR card and deliver to me through courier.
Do you see any challenge in this plan still??

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Give your friends address in canada. You are fine to just land one day and go back.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Nishant, I did exactly the same in August 2012 and I didn't face any issues. I travelled from the US by car to Canada, did my landing formalities, gave my local friend's address for PR card delivery and came back the same day. Good luck!!

ca.nishant

Jun 30, 2014
chappan said:
Nishant, I did exactly the same in August 2012 and I didn't face any issues. I travelled from the US by car to Canada, did my landing formalities, gave my local friend's address for PR card delivery and came back the same day. Good luck!!
Hi,
Thanks for reply and suggestion. I used to think that landing formalities can be only on airport.
Can we do landing formalities on road/highway borders also. I plan to go to Toronto. Did you also go to Toronto??

rgds

amy21

Oct 25, 2014
hi. I have similar type of query. me and my husband both are going to travel. then I will aply for PR and come back wanted to confirm that my PR how it can be sent to me so that I can again travel after some days ?

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
@Nishant: Yes, you can complete your landing by road. I did mine too by road. I went to Windsor from Detroit by car to complete the process.

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
I believe you can enter Canada by road using your COPR, if you dont have your PR card.