+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

short landing issues and questions for our seniors

badawy0118

May 18, 2015
Dear all,
I will be landing ISA in March for a few days before traveling back to my home country due to work obligations, so my questions are:
1- has anybody tried private mail box, or any other way to forward their PR card, SIN card ....etc ? ( please ppl with personal experience only to answer this question- no offense :D )
2- I am from a very hot country and I actually hate cold weather , so in this time of the year, i.e: March, what is the best place to visit?
3- I am Muslim Suni, so where are the best Muslim communities in Canada ?

Thanks in advance

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a look at this link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob491.asp
when they are going to such great lengths to send it one certain way then definitely it cant be forwarded.
address forwarding is blocked by the bold print on the envelope that says "DO NOT FORWARD".

badawy0118

May 18, 2015
ifeedly said:
Have a look at this link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob491.asp
when they are going to such great lengths to send it one certain way then definitely it cant be forwarded.
address forwarding is blocked by the bold print on the envelope that says "DO NOT FORWARD".
thanks for reply , but I feel a little frustrated , what can ppl in my situation do , no friends in Canada, and has to leave due to Job obligations, what should I do?

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
badawy0118 said:
thanks for reply , but I feel a little frustrated , what can ppl in my situation do , no friends in Canada, and has to leave due to Job obligations, what should I do?
Have read about some UPS private mailbox.
U can search for that
All the best.

badawy0118

May 18, 2015
ektaahm said:
Have read about some UPS private mailbox.
U can search for that
All the best.
thanks for your reply ektaahm, and yes I contacted one of the UPS stores and they told me it ok and we receive governmental post and forward it ( I did not mention PR cards specifically) , but the issue would not be with them the issue would be with the official post man if he can hand it over to them. I tried to contact canada post on twitter and facebook ( as they do not mention their email) but with no reply

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I checked the UPS website on Private Mail Boxes. Apparently, your address would be like this:

John Doe
PMB 12345
99 Some Street
City, XX A0A 0A0

That means they would see that you are using a rented mailbox (PMB = Private Mail Box) which might get your PR card application "flagged" in the sense of the manual that ifeedly posted above.

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
The best way would be to make some Canadian Friends. Even if you do not have immediate friends, I am sure you can find some mutual friends of friends that you can trust.

You can also pay them some money and also promise them to pay some money when you return back. I guess "normal" people would not benefit by stealing your card anyways, so they might as well post it to you.