+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short hearing

Buffertiger

Feb 14, 2019
I got a letter to saying I should come for a short hearing they also give me a date when I should come as well for less complex case can some one who experience this before tell me more about what the mean and what are my chances are is it a positive one I apply for refugee in February 2019 as a protected person

astrianc

Aug 7, 2019
Not quite sure but it may be a positive sign for you.
Also, just wondering that did you submit all your support docs? I'm looking for a short hearing as well, but haven't send any support docs.

Buffertiger

Feb 14, 2019
Not quite sure but it may be a positive sign for you.
Also, just wondering that did you submit all your support docs? I'm looking for a short hearing as well, but haven't send any support docs.
No I haven’t send any supporting documents as yet ..am putting them together now

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
I know every case is different did anyone got a positive decision from a short hearing
i'd think that there's a higher chance of positive decision for short hearings, as it indicates the case is simple enough and just needs a few questions cleared. Or the member thinks that case is totally bogus, and doing the hearing just out of formality. but the positive decision is more common. i got a sh0rt hearing coming in 2 months, when is yours?

also i'm from an expedited country, i think the file review wasn't simple enough so they did short hearing, i have many countrymen and women that had the same issue, 2 questions in the short hearing, and a positive decision 3 weeks after in the mail, sucks that they couldn't do it from the file review in the first place but oh well...