+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short hearing predictions

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Hi guys
So today was my virtual short hearing , i’m creating this thread to you guys give me your predictions, now i know it’s hard to know but i will describe what happened with my short hearing

the hearing lasted for less than one hour
The member was nice and smiling often
And i’ve been asked only few questions but the member said that i will be notified for my decision by Mail.
The member havn’t asked me any sneaky questions
My lawyer said that i did very well with my answers and that i was direct with them and fast.

your predictions are most welcomed ☺
thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys
So today was my virtual short hearing , i’m creating this thread to you guys give me your predictions, now i know it’s hard to know but i will describe what happened with my short hearing

And i’ve been asked only few questions but the member said that i will be notified for my decision by Mail.
My lawyer said that i did very well with my answers and that i was direct with them and fast.

thanks
What was members assertion on IFA, State Protection and Credibility. Whats the only issue in your case?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
what do you mean by IFA? and state protection?
Internal Flight Alternative: You could re allocate to other part of your country and away from where you face potential persecution.
State protection: Your Government can offer you protection
These among others, are determant factor on refugee claim.
My hearing lasted same as yours, and members mentioned to my counsel before questioning that the only issue she sees is credibility... after hearing that, it was great news, she asked few questions i clarified, and got decision on the table. I predict in your case it will be positive, All the best

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
for both situations u mentioned it was clear that i can't re allocate to other part of my country
and I'm stateless so they don't recognize my home country government so the government can't offer any protection for me
I wonder why the member didn't made his decision right away if he only asked me a few questions!
I hope to get positive

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys

thanks
I had my hearing yesterday and same situation is with me it was less then an hour Member said to send decision by mail.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
for both situations u mentioned it was clear that i can't re allocate to other part of my country
and I'm stateless so they don't recognize my home country government so the government can't offer any protection for me
I wonder why the member didn't made his decision right away if he only asked me a few questions!
I hope to get positive
Absolutely it will be positive. I trust lawyers opinion, they have experience on outcome of the hearing so if your lawyer was positive, it will be positive. Sometimes they need time to work on NOD, and not all the time they give decision on the table, but doesnt determine the outcome. All the best, update us the outcome

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Absolutely it will be positive. I trust lawyers opinion, they have experience on outcome of the hearing so if your lawyer was positive, it will be positive. Sometimes they need time to work on NOD, and not all the time they give decision on the table, but doesnt determine the outcome. All the best, update us the outcome
I hope so too , my lawyer is very professional and pretty much spent most of her life in this field.