+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Courtship and Quick Marriage

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Betina said:
I didn't have a religious ceremony either. I explained that we are both catholic and my husband was married before and the catholic church does not recognize divorce, so we could not have a religious ceremony.

I would rephrase the part with his parents not attending the wedding because it's an expensive trip. I don't think it would sound good if you would say your in-laws are to cheap to be there at their son's most important day :) Maybe try and have them and your husbands friends see the civil ceremony live through Skype or Facetime or something similar and mention that. And mention again that they are involved in organizing your big wedding in Canada.

You've met his family online. So it's not like you've never talked to them. Have them write a support letter anyway, it's important. Make some snapshots during video conversations through Skype/Facetime, include some of the discussions you and his mom had over Facebook, especially some of the more private ones.

This I don't think it is really an issue. I'm in the same situation and it never was an issue.

Yes :D Unless there's a really big age or cultural difference between the 2 of you, I think you will be fine ;D
In my situation my considers himself with no family since his father died and he has issues with his mom. will that be an issue?

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
in my personal opinion i don't think that will be an issue.. but maybe more experienced users can give you more insight on that. :) good luck to you!

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
gettingcrazy said:
In my situation my considers himself with no family since his father died and he has issues with his mom. will that be an issue?
I don't see why that would be an issue.

But have him clarify in a letter his lack of relationship with his mother.

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Betina said:

Thank you for that. is it better to clarify it on a letter or my husband can just put it on his essay?

Jan 27, 2014
Ok, this isn't a Canadian experience, so feel free to disregard me but

Eons ago, when I married an Australian in Australia, my perm res was denied. I was young, my husband was 22, and our dating until marriage was under one year.

Total red flag!

Worst experience of my life! And having my perm res denied, and me being booted back to Canada was the cause for the marriage breakdown in the end.

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Betina said:

Do you mean that it would be better if my husband wrote a seperate letter discussing the lack of relationship with his mother? Thnk you!

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
If it's a general information about the sponsor or the applicant it goes in what you call "the essay". If it's details about a specific answer, than it goes on a separate sheet of paper with a header mentioning the person's name, the form and the question number.

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
gettingcrazy said:
Do you mean that it would be better if my husband wrote a seperate letter discussing the lack of relationship with his mother? Thnk you!
Hi... I guess we have the same situation and I am worried to death about the red flags...
I met my husband online year 2008 and we got married last year 2013 and that was our firdst meeting in persono

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
mrsjamie said:
Hi... I guess we have the same situation and I am worried to death about the red flags...
I met my husband online year 2008 and we got married last year 2013 and that was our firdst meeting in persono
Same thing here really getting paranoid about it. I see you already submitted your application. My husband and I are hoping to submit first week of april/

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
gettingcrazy said:
Dear Gettingcrazy,

Relax, don't worry too much about what will happen,
What will be will be....
you just need to state your case and answer the questions that they ask
with honesty and with the truth... 2 years of knowing each other is not a short time,
just do your best to explain the situations and you will be OK...
We live in a different world now,
and the internet is the place where many couples meet... and marry....
The concepts of dating are changing.... and that should be your strong point,
we belong to a new generation and a new way to socialize....
Your case is not the only one, and Immigration will be reviewing every day more and more
cases like yours...
and they should understand by now that good relations can be born in internet...
If you guys can see each other before December that would be great....
when you marry someone you need him/her by your side....

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Awesomeg said:
Dear Gettingcrazy,

Relax, don't worry too much about what will happen,
What will be will be....
you just need to state your case and answer the questions that they ask
with honesty and with the truth... 2 years of knowing each other is not a short time,
just do your best to explain the situations and you will be OK...
We live in a different world now,
and the internet is the place where many couples meet... and marry....
The concepts of dating are changing.... and that should be your strong point,
we belong to a new generation and a new way to socialize....
Your case is not the only one, and Immigration will be reviewing every day more and more
cases like yours...
and they should understand by now that good relations can be born in internet...
If you guys can see each other before December that would be great....
when you marry someone you need him/her by your side....
Thanks so much.. sometimes the stress gets to me.
Just want to share something i went to CFO last week, then they interviewed me before starting the seminar. I really felt good because all they ask was between me and my hubby. and i answered all the questions from my hubby's past and present. Made me realized i know everything from both our past our present and our future plans together. at the end of the interview the councilor said "Your husband is definitely a keeper, and make sure you just continue supporting each other"

and with this being said. you are right awesomeg we do live in a different generation now. physically we may not be together yet.
but mentally and emotionally the bond we made is unbreakable <3

mrsjamie

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEManila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-14
AOR Received.
28-feb-14
File Transfer...
3-mar-14
Med's Done....
28-jan-14
gettingcrazy said:
Same thing here really getting paranoid about it. I see you already submitted your application. My husband and I are hoping to submit first week of april/
Yes dear nag submit na kami ng application namen. May nabasa din ako same situation
First meeting and marriage agad. Successful naman sila.
Let's just pray ang hope evetything will be good....
I keep praying na everyday...