+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shoddy practices by BLS International - Canada

theRavAgg

May 6, 2022
So, I went to BLS this past week to submit my Surrender of citizenship application.

While I was paying for their fee with my debit card, the card attempt failed at their terminal machine. Naturally, tried it a second time and it failed again. The BLS employee told me that they're going to restart their terminal machine and we can try again. We tired again, and it failed a third time. Then, the lady told me that they're going to just disconnect and reconnect the internet and that should solve the issue. They did that, we tried again and it failed a 4th time.

Eventually, told them that I am just going to the bank to withdraw cash and be right back. Did that, got my receipt and made my way home.

Was looking at my bank account that same evening, and saw that all the 4 failed attempts were actually posted on my account. So they fleeced me for $173.10 x 4, while their terminal said the charges were failing.

Called BLS customer support, and received 0 help. They just refused that anything such happened.

I waited a week to see if maybe they were just card authorizations and would reverse after a week, but not the case anymore since it's been more than a week now. Will be calling the bank tomorrow to dispute directly.

Anyhoo, anybody else ever experience this at one of the BLS centres? Was there any resolution?