+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping out Paperwork Monday :) INLAND SPONSPORSHIP With OWP

Fyi8

Feb 22, 2017
Hi guys

So I have completed all the documents and forms for the INLAND sponsorship

My husband is American, and we've been married for about 5 years and haven't really decided to start the sponsorship until now. But my husband and I have finally started this process.

I'm really happy about the new timeline set out by Immigration Canada, set at 12 months now rather than the previous 26 months.

I am interested to know if anyone has applied recently and can tell me two things about the Work Permit:

A) How long did it take to recieve the Work Permit.

B) I wanted to know if anyone started applying for jobs once they sent in their application ? Or did you wait until you got the actual permit. Ive been told by some immigration reps on the phone that my husband can start applying with an application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You should seriously consider switching to outland. American apps average 6 months or less. There is a very good chance that he would be a PR through outland by the time he would recieve the OWP inland.

A. It takes about 4 months to receive the OWP (as I said, a lot of American outland apps are processed completely in the same time).

B. He can certainly apply for jobs but don't expect any employers to take him seriously without having a work permit or even knowing when it will actually arrive.

Fyi8

Feb 22, 2017
Hey !!

Are you sureeee?

Because I am just so anxious about trying Outland...
What are pros v cons in your expert opnion