+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping household appliances and other items to Canada!

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi,

My sister is moving to Canada soon for school. She wants to ship many things, including constructional toys, household decoration, small kitchen appliances, etc. Estimated 3 boxes, about 50 lbs/box. We are wondering what courier is best to use in terms of fees, customs clearance assistance, etc. She is living in the U.S. as an international student.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
UPS - United Parcel Service.
Wish that I saw your reply sooner.
I just tried FedEx for 1 of my 3 packages, and I didn't have a really good experience with them. A new employee screwed up my commercial invoice, and now that I have to wait my package to come back and have other staff check and make me a new commercial invoice.

Will surely try UPS for the other 2.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is much less expensive to buy things new than to ship the majority of these things. I would sell stuff and buy some new stuff when you get to Canada or see if you can buy some stuff like appliances from other students. Have you looked at shipping greyhound bus? Not sure if that is possible in your areas. You both have to limit shipping to the essentials since shipping heavy items are not worth it, will be cheaper to buy new as I said. Also stick with the essentials.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
It is much less expensive to buy things new than to ship the majority of these things. I would sell stuff and buy some new stuff when you get to Canada or see if you can buy some stuff like appliances from other students. Have you looked at shipping greyhound bus? Not sure if that is possible in your areas. You both have to limit shipping to the essentials since shipping heavy items are not worth it, will be cheaper to buy new as I said. Also stick with the essentials.
Thanks. Any recommendations on where to sell the stuff? Anw, there are some of them, like toys, figs, and decorations that I collected, that need to be shipped.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. Any recommendations on where to sell the stuff? Anw, there are some of them, like toys, figs, and decorations that I collected, that need to be shipped.
Craigslist, Facebook, etc. You can even have a garage sale. Would narrow it down to things you can take with you in your luggage. Other than that you can explore the various shipping companies and pretty sure greyhound still offers shipping by ground but would depend on your region. Shipping is very expensive in general. Have you considered driving to your new destination if you have a friend who could drive you there if you paid them.

sam701730

Aug 22, 2022
Goodgarbagedisposal is a big kitchen garbage disposal making company it has made a lot of kitchen garbage disposal models but the best Moen GXS75C GX Series HP Garbage Disposal is the best kitchen garbage disposal, model. Goodgarbagedisposal also provides the services of replacing, repairing & installation, etc. I have a good experience with goodgarbagedisposal. Now I can say that if you visit once you will not go to others. Thanks