+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping goods

MakeoLondon

Jul 8, 2016
Hi there.

I have been on a WHV in 2017 and shipped furniture and household as "good to follow" (wife and daughter came with me as visitors).
We had to go back to UK due to family issue (depiste got the PNP but couldn't hold on it as I left the country before the actual approval, I know I am dumb but really I couldn't stay even a day longer) but now we are ready to come back on a 1 year working visa.

When I land in 2017 as WHV, despite preparing all the documentation, the Officers never bother to check on the papers as I was just a temporary resident which, in my point of view, doesn't differ so much from a visitor (having 6 months of visa to spend)

I am still awaiting for the WP cause of some delay as they are, apparently, very busy.

Questions are:

1) can I ship my good to follow and land there before as a visitor while I am awaiting for the approval of the working permit?

2)can I ship my good to follow and risk to land there after those arrival as I am in Uk awaiting for the actual WP?!

Could someone help out as I need to give directions to the shipping company over sending with the next consol or not.

Many thanks all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You shouldn't send anything until you get approval. What if you are refused your WP. If you land as a visitor and it looks like you are moving to Canada based on your luggage you could be refused entry.