+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipment my car from gulf area

belovedbeloved

Sep 13, 2012
I have a car ( Jeep ) made in USA , now my car in Gulf area can I ship my car to ontario ? If yes what is the steps
Thanks

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
belovedbeloved said:
I have a car ( Jeep ) made in USA , now my car in Gulf area can I ship my car to ontario ? If yes what is the steps
Thanks
Unless your car is more than 15 years old, you can't. The rules state:

"You cannot import a vehicle that was manufactured to meet the safety standards of a country other than the United States or Canada unless the vehicle is the following:

15 years old or older (excluding buses);
a bus manufactured before January 1, 1971; or
entering Canada temporarily."

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html#s4

belovedbeloved

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks torontosm for your support , the model of my vehicle is 2014
Is there any action I have to do in the Canadian embassy here to ship my vehicle

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

belovedbeloved said:
Thanks torontosm for your support , the model of my vehicle is 2014
Is there any action I have to do in the Canadian embassy here to ship my vehicle
No http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-faq-1283.htm

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
belovedbeloved said:
Thanks
*turns on her silly mode* Every time someone calls a Jeep a car or truck, god kills a kitten. Please stop the senseless slaughter of these poor kitties. It is a JEEP! *turns off silly mode*

Please do not take my statements seriously, they were written with the intent of provoking a smile. Those of us who own JEEPS understand, because, well, It's a Jeep thing! :D

BTW, nice choice in rides ;)

beatitboss

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of moving back to Canada from Australia.

While in Melbourne, I bought a very nice Mercedes 300e y.1994.

Would it be possible to bring it over to Ontario? I know that the car is a right hand drive but it's a collector so I guess it should not be an issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
beatitboss said:
Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of moving back to Canada from Australia.

While in Melbourne, I bought a very nice Mercedes 300e y.1994.

Would it be possible to bring it over to Ontario? I know that the car is a right hand drive but it's a collector so I guess it should not be an issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
You car is more than 15 years old, so you should be fine so long as the car meets Canadian safety standards. You can read about the rules here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html#s4