+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shifting from university(degree) to college(diploma) after reaching canada?

rsingh27

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Is it pssible to change your institue i.e. from university (degree) to college (diploma) after reaching canada, both are at undergraduate level.. Is it legal and right to do ?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
rsingh27 said:
Is it pssible to change your institue i.e. from university (degree) to college (diploma) after reaching canada, both are at undergraduate level.. Is it legal and right to do ?
Yes, it is possible and allowed to do this change but make sure that you confirm with your university if they will transfer your fee etc. to the other college.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t110678.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t108072.0.html

Saif Mela

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam bhai i've a question that i got admission in Algonquin College in Diploma for septembr intake..& i had paid 1st smstr fee of 6450$ CAD... I applied for Visa on 17th may bt still no response... i think i'll not get visa cuz yet not a single college stdent get visa in Pakistan..
So, i was thinking to apply for Thompson rivers university and take admission in BBA or in any program. & when i'll get in canada thn i'll move to Algonquin College...
What u say bro plzzzz help me ???

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Saif Mela said:
Inam bhai i've a question that i got admission in Algonquin College in Diploma for septembr intake..& i had paid 1st smstr fee of 6450$ CAD... I applied for Visa on 17th may bt still no response... i think i'll not get visa cuz yet not a single college stdent get visa in Pakistan..
So, i was thinking to apply for Thompson rivers university and take admission in BBA or in any program. & when i'll get in canada thn i'll move to Algonquin College...
Once you get into Canada then you can switch your college/course. But why would your leave TRU and move to Algonquin?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saif Mela said:
hi,
its easy to move university to college but you must have to know your university fee refund policy........i think mostly universities/colleges doesn't refund your 1st semester paid fees in the case of changing institution......

Saif Mela

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
Once you get into Canada then you can switch your college/course. But why would your leave TRU and move to Algonquin?
Bro cuz my cousionz r there in ottawa.. one is in uni of ottawa & othr r in Algonquin College..

Saif Mela

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abu Bakr said:
hi,
its easy to move university to college but you must have to know your university fee refund policy........i think mostly universities/colleges doesn't refund your 1st semester paid fees in the case of changing institution......
I would hv 2 pay 60% of uni fee before my visa.. & when i'll entr in canada thn i'll hv 2 pay 40% ...
& i think TRU will nt refund tht 60% fee...

Saif Mela

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
Bro i wana knw tht wht u suggest me should i withdrw my case or should i wait more ???
& whtz the reputation of TRU ... As me admission ly k kia mujy visa mil jahy ga ???

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Saif Mela said:
Bro i wana knw tht wht u suggest me should i withdrw my case or should i wait more ???
& whtz the reputation of TRU ... As me admission ly k kia mujy visa mil jahy ga ???
TRU is a good university and you will get visa for that. The withdrawal decision is yours, i guess you should wait till mid august before you request for withdrawal.

Saif Mela

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
TRU is a good university and you will get visa for that. The withdrawal decision is yours, i guess you should wait till mid august before you request for withdrawal.
ok bro i'll wait & pary 4 all college studentz...