+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sharjah U.A.E. Driving License

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hi guys.
I have 2 questions:

1) Can I rent and drive a car with a Sharjah driving license in Canada or do I have to get an International Driving Permit.

2) Where can I get an experience letter for my driving license in Sharjah so that I can apply directly for a G2 license in Canada?

Thanks for your help in advance.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
For them its a UAE license. YOu need to have international driving license.

No need for exp letter. Your issuance date of driving licence speaks itself of expereince & more than enough for G2

mystique9999 said:
Hi guys.
I have 2 questions:

1) Can I rent and drive a car with a Sharjah driving license in Canada or do I have to get an International Driving Permit.

2) Where can I get an experience letter for my driving license in Sharjah so that I can apply directly for a G2 license in Canada?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Badr

Jun 2, 2016
canada11 said:
No need for exp letter. Your issuance date of driving licence speaks itself of expereince & more than enough for G2
Could you please specify is this comment based on your opinion or a previous experience?
Because i have a driving license from Qatar but i have seen many people in this forum stress on getting experience letter in order to get a shot at G2 or direct G license.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Most of the other forum members have stressed getting such a letter. I got it today from the Vehicles & Drivers Licensing Department in Sharjah for AED 100.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
My personal experience is ..I had Abu Dhabi Licence from UAE & had no issues with it

mystique9999 said:
Most of the other forum members have stressed getting such a letter. I got it today from the Vehicles & Drivers Licensing Department in Sharjah for AED 100.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
canada11 said:
My personal experience is ..I had Abu Dhabi Licence from UAE & had no issues with it
Nice to hear from that! because my driving certificate/history was already expired.. I am here in Edmonton Alberta, i'm about to give my UAE driving license + expired driving certificate/history. Hope they will accept it.

In addition, i have an international driving license. Do i still need to surrender this one?

Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
My experience...

Gave UAE lience and got accpeted for G2 liecnse.

Had International license but didn't tell any one ..I guess no need to inform either..BTW Int'l license has 1 year validity

dems said:
Nice to hear from that! because my driving certificate/history was already expired.. I am here in Edmonton Alberta, i'm about to give my UAE driving license + expired driving certificate/history. Hope they will accept it.

In addition, i have an international driving license. Do i still need to surrender this one?

Thanks

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
canada11 said:
My experience...

Gave UAE lience and got accpeted for G2 liecnse.

Had International license but didn't tell any one ..I guess no need to inform either..BTW Int'l license has 1 year validity
Oh, i already gave all my licenses including my international license just yesterday evening. I can't drive now....wew, anyway thanks atleast i've seen some positivity that they will approve my documents though my driving history certificate was expired.

Thanks

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Can you share the content of the letter ? I am in Oman

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Please share the content of the letter

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
The Driver & Vehicle licensing department SHARJAH Recognizes that <<NAME>>: Nationality <<COUNTRY OF PASSPORT>> has a driving license from us under the number <<DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER>> from <<DATE OF ISSUE>> and valid to <<DATE OF EXPIRY>>

This certificate has been issued to be submitted to the competent authorities of CANADA without any liability to the department

And there is no constriction recorded on the federal traffic and license program until date

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S | License categories | Date
1 | SALON - MANUAL | <<DATE OF ISSUE>>

jiyamathur0312

Aug 28, 2020
The Driver & Vehicle licensing department SHARJAH Recognizes that <<NAME>>: Nationality <<COUNTRY OF PASSPORT>> has a driving license from us under the number <<DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER>> from <<DATE OF ISSUE>> and valid to <<DATE OF EXPIRY>>

This certificate has been issued to be submitted to the competent authorities of CANADA without any liability to the department

And there is no constriction recorded on the federal traffic and license program until date

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S | License categories | Date
1 | SALON - MANUAL | <<DATE OF ISSUE>>
Hi Can you tell me the process how did you get this? i contacted sharjah RTA, and traffic department both are not having any idea about such letter. Please advise where to go and how to get this letter?

karim10

Jul 22, 2019
Dear ,

I would like to have such traffic letter from Sharjah as my driving License is from Sharjah . I would like to ask whether you could get you a certificate . if yes please advise how

Thanks a lot

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Dear ,

I would like to have such traffic letter from Sharjah as my driving License is from Sharjah . I would like to ask whether you could get you a certificate . if yes please advise how

Thanks a lot
Hi Karim, were you able to get the driving experience certificate? I also have license from Sharjah.