+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your WES timelines for 2017

Tamu1874

Jul 9, 2019
Anyone recieved positive ECA from WES for MGU (Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya) distance MBA?
Please revert. I'm worried it's accepted by them or not.
Hi Dear just saw your post I’m also sailing on the same ship. Have done the same degree from there and now wondering if it’s accepted by ECA. I will really appreciate your help and want to know if yours got approved or not. Thanks

dhineshnkl

Feb 12, 2018
Did anyone recently get WES request on-hold due to WES was trying to get secondary verification done from Anna University?

I have sent and MCA transcripts to WES on May last week. On July 23 the status went to on-hold due to secondary verification pending.

Did anyone go through this scenario? Can you advise what you have done to get the secondary verification process complete from your end?

rbhave

Aug 2, 2019
Hi @mavaniamitcnd,

How did you solve this issue? Any workaround appreciated even I have Sem I marksheet given by college and got same reply.

Did you attach any letter?

Thanks and Regards,

Hi All Gurus,

Need expert guidance from you all for submitting documents to WES. I have completed my B.E from Mumbai University in 2006 (Degree Awarded Year).

Below were the documents send to WES for verification

1st and 4th Year Marksheets Attested by University --> I got these marksheets attested from Churchgate. I was given an open envelope with university stamp on back side which i sealed by putting the attested marksheets in it. For my case semester 1 marksheet was issued by my college and not by University. Semester 2 marksheet was issued by university.
2nd and 3rd Year Marksheets Attested by College --> I got these marksheets attested from my college and were send in college sealed envelope.

I received below response from WES

Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested) |
Not Accepted

Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumb
ai.

Not sure what mistake did i make as i followed the instruction mentioned on WES website :( :(

Do i need to go to Kalina for getting the attested copies in sealed envelope??
If i can do it from Churchgate then could someone help to understand in better way, what would be the exact procedure??
Somehow i get a feel that as i am including Sem 1 marksheet (issue by college) hence WES is rejecting. Is there a procedure to convert Sem 1 marksheet from college to University or do i need a covering letter stating that as per old rules Sem 1 marksheet were issued by college and unviersity..?

Appreciate any and every kind of guidance/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Hello experts,
Usually, how much time it takes when you upgrade ECA to course by course. Will it take again 35 days or just 7 days?
Please, advise

sagar1717

Sep 26, 2019
My ECA has been done. It takes time beacuse of the prior load they have. My has taken 45 days. They awarded me Master degree status

Hi,

please reply.

i have submitted my IHM degree and asked ignou to send my transcripts to WES canada, when you applied for WES did they ask you the transcripts for nchmct also?

other thing, you said you studied from IITTM IB program, I too have. Now can you tell me if your PGDM was considered as a Masters degree? If yes, what documents did you send of iittm?

Please respond as you’re the only one who has done iittm here in this forum. I am unable to find anyone else here.

Priya3118

Dec 14, 2019
My WES expected completion date was yesterday that is 13th December 2019. However it still shows "In Progress". All the degrees were accepted. I don't understand the delay. Both my masters and bachelors are from Delhi University.
Has this delay happened with others too?
How much delay can be expected?

Patriot17

Apr 20, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2019
My WES expected completion date was yesterday that is 13th December 2019. However it still shows "In Progress". All the degrees were accepted. I don't understand the delay. Both my masters and bachelors are from Delhi University.
Has this delay happened with others too?
How much delay can be expected?
Hi Priya,
Your case is not abnormal at all, expected completion dates are commonly exceeded by a week or two. Add to that the festive/holiday season in US/Can and this does not seem to be out of line at all. Good to know you're from DU. I too did my post grad from Delhi. Just got PPR last month.
Wish you all the best for your application

Priya3118

Dec 14, 2019
Hi Priya,
Your case is not abnormal at all, expected completion dates are commonly exceeded by a week or two. Add to that the festive/holiday season in US/Can and this does not seem to be out of line at all. Good to know you're from DU. I too did my post grad from Delhi. Just got PPR last month.
Thank you so much. I was wondering if I should enter the Pool for 18th December cut off. Now I think I should since I'd have 60 days to submit the WES report and hopefully I'd get it by then.

Patriot17

Apr 20, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2019
Thank you so much. I was wondering if I should enter the Pool for 18th December cut off. Now I think I should since I'd have 60 days to submit the WES report and hopefully I'd get it by then.
What is your CRS if I may ask?

Priya3118

Dec 14, 2019
Hi Priya,
Btw, your Masters was treated as double bachelors, right? And how long did it take you to get the report from WES? Was it within the deadline?I apologise for my incessant questioning but I'm really nervous. I read about a case (several actually) where people did not get their reports.

Poojap

Jul 22, 2020
Noting down procedure for preparing documents for ECA from MSBTE and BAMU for others who may follow:
  1. I have a Diploma (three years) from Maharashtra State Board of Technical (MSBTE) examinations; went to MSBTE Mumbai office.
    • Made sure to get both transcripts and authentication done. MSBTE certifies copies of degree and mark sheets.
    • Takes about two weeks to get envelopes with transcripts and authenticated from MSBTE
    • Take originals and cash with you. Also take good xerox copies as the xerox machines around MSBTE office are not good.
    • Cost: Six hundred per set of transcripts and Three hundred and fifty per authentication
    • Also made sure to get two sets of transcripts. One can quickly send the second set and avoid spending time and effort and take off from office to get the documents again.
    • Keep second set safe: signed and stamped envelopes remain undamaged till receipt of ECA.
    • Besides one will need one set to scan transcripts after ECA documentation is done for eAPR.
  2. For Bachelor in Engineering (BE) degree, went to BAMU Aurangabad to get transcripts and to get degree Authenticated/Verified (Stamp on the back side of the original degree certificate)
    • Window in main building opens at 10 am where forms can be purchased for applying for transcripts and degree certificate authentication/verification.
    • Fill forms and pay at a different window for both transcripts and authentication/verification. Eight hundred for one set for BE transcripts. For authentication/verification, its five hundred.
    • Make sure you have the originals with you.
    • Get two sets of transcripts for reasons mentioned above. Transcripts are given on university letterhead at a different building (ask).
    • Plan to stay in Aurangabad for at least two days as getting the transcripts in a day is highly unlikely.
    • Check with college if any professor from college is posted at the University on duty. If so, it’s easier to get this done.
  3. For my Master of Science, wrote to German University and requested them to send one set of transcripts and degree inputs to WES directly, and another to my personal address. While they knew, I specifically requested them to stamp and sign on the envelopes as described elsewhere in this forum.
    • Got certified translations of my degree and mark sheets
    • Translation was notarized
    • Got scanned copies (colored) and hard copies from the agency. Will need them for eAPR.
    • Send copy of originals and copy of translations to WES
  4. Similarly, for my PhD, requested Dutch university to send one set transcripts directly to WES and another to my address. Got degree translated and translation notarized. The university also issued a letter that there are no marks or rating for the PhD as per university policy.
Journey through WES:
  1. When I had initially created a WES account, I had only requested my PhD and my M.Sc to be evaluated.
  2. Later, as I got an understanding of the process to get my BE and Diploma transcripts ready, I requested WES to include these degrees as well via the my account /contact us form.
  3. WES asked for Name of Institution, Institution Type, Country, Date of Attendance, Name of Diploma/Certificate. I provided these via email having couriered the documents via courier before sending the email. No extra cost involved for the additional degrees ECA.
  4. Got an email that my PhD documents had reached and accepted, while my M.Sc documents had not been accepted.
  5. Strangely, my M.Sc documents had partly reached: translation had reached, and copy of originals sent in the same envelop had not reached! A day later, all documents had reached without me doing anything! Similar case happened with my wife's ECA, but that's not important here. Lesson: I realized that I had to give WES time before reacting to some of the status updates.
  6. Had to wait for my BE and Diploma inclusion request to get accepted, documents to reach and get accepted.
  7. Got an ECA one day after the due for completion date.
  8. The ECA reads as follows:
    • CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Earned doctorate
    • DIPLOMA: Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
    • BE: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
    • M.Sc. Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree
    • PhD: Canadian Equivalency: Earned doctorate
  9. Account time line:
    • Account created and payment made: 9th Aug
    • Application submission (PhD and M.Sc): 15th Aug
    • Request to include BE and Diploma: 2nd Sept
    • WES response to request by asking Name of Institution, Institution Type, Country, Date of Attendance, Name of Diploma/Certificate: 12th Sept
    • I respond with BE and Diploma university details: 12th Sept
    • Courier with BE and Diploma documents reached 12th Sept
    • WES status update on MSc and PhD stating M.Sc partial documents not received: 14th Sept
    • WES status changes online to MSc and PhD documents received: ~15th Sept
    • WES response to addition of BE and Diploma: 19th Sept saying we are forwarding details to evaluation team
    • WES status update: BE, Diploma, MSc and PhD documents reached and accepted: 19th Sept. We are reviewing your evaluation report.
    • Evaluation due for completion: 10th Oct
    • I write to WES on 10th Oct that there is no change in status since 19th Sept
    • Status changes to final review: 10th Oct
    • ECA completion: 11th Oct
Now for EE profile creation, I am not planning to add my Diploma in the education section since there is some confusion regarding under which sub-heading is this education to be listed in the EE profile (refer threads Link 1, Link 2, Link 3). Since I have PhD, MSc and BE, I can afford not to list the diploma and avoid spending time and effort to figure out the right way ahead.
hey, I have also done my diploma and degree from MSBTE and BAMU. Is this degree authentication is some different certificate other than your original degree? How much time does it takes to take stamp envelop and degree authentication at BAMU? As I already have a transcript? Also at both universities did you courier the documents to Wes by yourself or university did it?

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Dear experts,

I have completed my 3 years Aircraft maintenance engineering course ( enrolled in 2017 - completed in 2020).Since it was a license course ,and considered as 3 yrs diploma course after +2.

After one year i.e on 2018 I enrolled for bachelor program via distance mode and get it completed on 2021 (3 yrs ) . In this circumstances will I be able to get points of 2 or more degree /diploma /trade certificate score on CRS score calculator for express entry?