+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your WES timelines for 2017

tap18

Jun 20, 2018
My wife's ECA has been a disaster so far. Documents sent to WES via DHL and were received by WES on 24th of January. Then on 26th they updated the status to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)". Then they updated the same again on 29th, after that a long wait till 13th of February when the put us on hold requiring direct verification from the issuing institution. After that had to went through a hell of trouble with the institution who kept saying that they have replied to the WES verification email and WES kept saying they didnt receive any. This went on for two weeks after finally yesterday I went to the university and they allowed me to take a screenshot of their monitor confirming that they really did sent confirmation email to WES. I then called WES and also sent them the screenshot via facebook after which they updated my account status to this again....

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 3/2/2018

This thing of going back and forth with verification is pure madness.
Hi, what is the WES email id to which the college sends the verification?

tap18

Jun 20, 2018
Documents sent to WES on 18-01-2018
Documents received & Reviewing 26-01-2018
Documents sent to Institution for further verification 13-02-2018
**At this point I had to go through some confusion with the university and WES regarding the verification emails, university kept saying they replied to WES email and WES kept saying they did not receive any.
Long story short WES received and Accepted the documents on 03-03-2018 and evaluation completion date was given as 23-03-2018
Under Final review 17-03-2018
Evaluation completed 20-03-2018

Done!
Hi, what is the email id to which University has to send mails to WES? I am facing a similar issue, my University is saying they have responded and WES is saying they haven't received any mails. How did you resolve this?

surta

Mar 9, 2018
We are waiting for your documents.

Status last updated: 6/21/2018

Pending
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
Panjab University, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, India
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Accepted
4. Statement of Marks, Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: The document was not received directly from the academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: WES requires that this document be sent directly by the institution in an official sealed envelope. Have your document resubmitted according to the document requirements specified for your country of education.
I have recieved my MCA transcripts from manit Bhopal by post at my home and I sent it to WES alongwith my BCA transcripts from PU CHD. Now they are saying MCA transcripts should be directly sent to them by institution.
But in required documents it was clearly mentioned under option 2 that if institute hand over it to you then sent it to us.

Anybody in same situation please help.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
We are waiting for your documents.

Status last updated: 6/21/2018

Pending
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
Panjab University, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, India
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Accepted
4. Statement of Marks, Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: The document was not received directly from the academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: WES requires that this document be sent directly by the institution in an official sealed envelope. Have your document resubmitted according to the document requirements specified for your country of education.
I have recieved my MCA transcripts from manit Bhopal by post at my home and I sent it to WES alongwith my BCA transcripts from PU CHD. Now they are saying MCA transcripts should be directly sent to them by institution.
But in required documents it was clearly mentioned under option 2 that if institute hand over it to you then sent it to us.

Anybody in same situation please help.
Hello Surta,

Is the envelope sent by your institution stamped/signed/sealed across the back flap ? if neither a stamp, seal or a signature is on the back flap they will not accept it and they will give you such message (they mention that on their YouTube video explaining how the envelope should look like) , you can try to go to the university yourself, fill up the document request form (believe me it helps because it answers a lot of their questions) with the official doing the same, get the document/academic transcript and put them in an envelope, put a seal (basically a simple white paper tape on the back flap) with a stamp on the back flap and on the seal, the stamp must be the same used on the documents so it does not arise any suspicions.
The downside of having the document sent to you instead of retrieving them yourself is that you just don't know the content, plus, you simply cannot open the envelope as it will be rejected, I know it is not always simple to take a day off and go to the university but bear in mind that each delay will cost you more in term of time, I hope you the best.

PS : there is a 2018 timelines post, here : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-for-2018.546104/page-30

surta

Mar 9, 2018
Hello Surta,

Is the envelope sent by your institution stamped/signed/sealed across the back flap ? if neither a stamp, seal or a signature is on the back flap they will not accept it and they will give you such message (they mention that on their YouTube video explaining how the envelope should look like) , you can try to go to the university yourself, fill up the document request form (believe me it helps because it answers a lot of their questions) with the official doing the same, get the document/academic transcript and put them in an envelope, put a seal (basically a simple white paper tape on the back flap) with a stamp on the back flap and on the seal, the stamp must be the same used on the documents so it does not arise any suspicions.
The downside of having the document sent to you instead of retrieving them yourself is that you just don't know the content, plus, you simply cannot open the envelope as it will be rejected, I know it is not always simple to take a day off and go to the university but bear in mind that each delay will cost you more in term of time, I hope you the best.
Hi Abdelilah,

My Docs were sealed in a institute envelope with a seal and stamp on the back flap, all as per the requirements of WES.

I don't know why they not accepted the docs.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hi Abdelilah,

My Docs were sealed in a institute envelope with a seal and stamp on the back flap, all as per the requirements of WES.

I don't know why they not accepted the docs.
Have you seen the content of the envelope ? I know it seems like a dumb question but sometimes there are mistakes on the content of the envelopes, the best way to be a 100% sure is by going to the university in person, get the envelope and send it yourself as if it was sent by the university by putting the WES address as a destination.
Believe me, don't try to argue too much with them if you can afford to do this, because the time it will take you to get an answer is much more longer than what you need to go to the university yourself, If you have the possibility just do it, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Thank you.
I got an update from WES, it says we are reviewing your evaluation report,
Your evaluation is due for completion on 7/6/2018
Hi,

Mine is showing 07/09/2018. Couple of days back, I enquired and yesterday they replied that they have accepted all documents and reports are due 07/09/2018.

Please update your report receiving date here.

Andrew.ajayi

Jun 27, 2018
Your Course-by-Course Evaluation (ICAP) - Initial Application order is complete and we sent copies of your evaluation report to your recipient(s). View your electronic report online.
Completed 06/26/2018
University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
1. Academic Transcript, Bachelor of Science, 2015

• Accepted
2. Degree Certificate, Bachelor of Science, 2015

• Accepted
Payment received

Application submitted
5/17/2018

Report send to recipient(s)
View

Recipient Name Delivery Method Delivery Date
Andrew AJAYI
Egbeda, LAGOS Standard Delivery
6/26/2018
University of Regina
Regina, SK Standard Delivery
6/26/2018

but yet on my WES account page, it state pending and down below its written you have no pending steps? pls can someone explain, is there anything WES require of me to do again?

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
Your Course-by-Course Evaluation (ICAP) - Initial Application order is complete and we sent copies of your evaluation report to your recipient(s). View your electronic report online.
Completed 06/26/2018
University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
1. Academic Transcript, Bachelor of Science, 2015

• Accepted
2. Degree Certificate, Bachelor of Science, 2015

• Accepted
Payment received

Application submitted
5/17/2018

Report send to recipient(s)
View

Recipient Name Delivery Method Delivery Date
Andrew AJAYI
Egbeda, LAGOS Standard Delivery
6/26/2018
University of Regina
Regina, SK Standard Delivery
6/26/2018

but yet on my WES account page, it state pending and down below its written you have no pending steps? pls can someone explain, is there anything WES require of me to do again?
Hi
Was your due date yesterday, how did you get this message on mail or your account page.

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Need help !!!
I graduated with a degree in bachelor of business administration in the year 2009. Its s 3 years full time course, out of which I completed my first year in one university and due to personal reasons I had to move to another city , so I completed the remaining 2 years In another university. I have got transcripts from both the universities and I am planning to apply for ECA . Before sending the documents to WES I want to be 100% sure that I don’t have to provide them with any additional documents to prove that I moved from one university to another. I have already prepared a cover letter mentioning my situation.
Does anyone know anything about a scenario like this ?