Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
yes alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
still in progress.....
DEAR friends
alhamdulillah i received my PP back with PR visa
there is one spelling mistake in SUR name of my Spouse both on CORP paper and stamped PR visa.mistake is jst of one letter like instead of A they put E.it doent change the pronunciation of name.this similar mistake was present on my medical form and that time when i informed VO he advised to use it as such.
should i inform VO now???? i read in forum that these typo dont creat any problem on landing
plz if some one can share his/her personal experience on it i will be highly thankful to all....

a reply from senior members specially QORAX, LEON ,MATTIES, SAKI will definately reduce my confusion
all the very best to all

docpak

Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
yes alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
still in progress.....

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docpak said:
DEAR friends
alhamdulillah i received my PP back with PR visa
there is one spelling mistake in SUR name of my Spouse both on CORP paper and stamped PR visa.mistake is jst of one letter like instead of A they put E.it doent change the pronunciation of name.this similar mistake was present on my medical form and that time when i informed VO he advised to use it as such.
should i inform VO now???? i read in forum that these typo dont creat any problem on landing
plz if some one can share his/her personal experience on it i will be highly thankful to all....

a reply from senior members specially QORAX, LEON ,MATTIES, SAKI will definately reduce my confusion
all the very best to all
Contact LVO and inform them immediately

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Try to find someone who works for airlines checkin counter at the airports, they are well experienced and they deal these cases on daily basis, that will be perfect reply.

docpak

Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
yes alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
still in progress.....
Kanamen said:
Contact LVO and inform them immediately
thanx for the opinion....i asked qorax sir and saki both of them said that its nt an issue at all.
so i think it will be fine inshaALLAH

docpak

Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
yes alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
still in progress.....
khalid h said:
Try to find someone who works for airlines checkin counter at the airports, they are well experienced and they deal these cases on daily basis, that will be perfect reply.
Thanx for the suggestion i will try my best to find some.good idea jazakAllah

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docpak said:
thanx for the opinion....i asked qorax sir and saki both of them said that its nt an issue at all.

What a coincident! This is what happened just YESTERDAY (Just for your information)

A new immigrant form India landed yesterday.She didn't check /notice any mistake on her PR and Visa document.When she approached at Immigration counter she had been acknowledged about a mistake in her name and that mistake cost her about three hours at airport.
Once free from airport we went to Service Canada office for SIN and they were unable to process the request untill the correction been done with her name and same with banking .
Now she has to apply for name correction and has to wait for months .
This is the reason I suggested you to contact your VO and inform them ,it will take just 15 days to get it fixed by them .Just suggestion

nurse_hope1983

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-12-2011
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
04-10-2012
You should inform the visa office about the correction thru fax ASAP. Mine was in my middle name on my medical form, so I asked the receptionist where I did my medicals to correct it. But before that I faxed a correction letter with my passport photopy to the visa office.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docpak said:
Agreed with Qorax and Saki, just one alphabet is of no significance. Relax.... it won't be a problem. By the way what airlines checkin has got to do with that as opined by Khalidh??

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
docpak said:
Thanx for the suggestion i will try my best to find some.good idea jazakAllah
Doc, I would recommend you to go with the advice of Kanamen.
In few situations we cannot afford to see more than one possible outcome and today you have the option to avoid any unpleasant possibilities at POE.
(Allah na karey but) in case of any trouble at the airport, opinion of none but the principles of canadian immigration would matter and this may cost you some undue fatigue and long time hauls. Take your time today to make things straight before travelling with confidence and peace of mind.
My best wishes for your life in canada :)

Tum us cheez ko chor do jo shak me daal de
Aur us ko ikhtiar kro jo shak me na daaly.
[Riaz us Saliheen, J1, 593]
HasbunAllah wa Ni'mal Wakil

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi docpak,

The information that comes along with the COPR papers, explicitly asks you to check all the details on the COPR papers...and trust me there is a reason for it. A single alphabet "mismanagement" can align you with a similar name of a wanted terrorist. Would you want that after so much struggle?

Take this (info from CIC) as ORDERS from CIC and abide by it. I can tell you from personal experience that the Name, DOB is literally spelled out by the IO at POE.

I agree with Kanamen, darwaish and others who have suggested the same.

Mitali

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
darwaish said:
Doc, I would recommend you to go with the advice of Kanamen.
In few situations we cannot afford to see more than one possible outcome and today you have the option to avoid any unpleasant possibilities at POE.
(Allah na karey but) in case of any trouble at the airport, opinion of none but the principles of canadian immigration would matter and this may cost you some undue fatigue and long time hauls. Take your time today to make things straight before travelling with confidence and peace of mind.
My best wishes for your life in canada :)

Tum us cheez ko chor do jo shak me daal de
Aur us ko ikhtiar kro jo shak me na daaly.
[Riaz us Saliheen, J1, 593]
HasbunAllah wa Ni'mal Wakil
just one alphabet..

it can be Muhammad spelled as Muhammed, any big deal???? i had the same problem but i don't care

its not that entire name is wrong?? isn't docpak?? agreed with qorax,saki,cocknbull, and others..its ok..not to worry too much about it...

people kindly don't exaggarate the issue please...........

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiala said:
just one alphabet..

it can be Muhammad spelled as Muhammed, any big deal???? i had the same problem but i don't care

its not that entire name is wrong?? isn't docpak?? agreed with qorax,saki,cocknbull, and others..its ok..not to worry too much about it...

people kindly don't exaggarate the issue please...........
Hi Kiala,

You are entitled to your opinion..... :)

Mitali

docpak

Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
yes alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
still in progress.....
so much mixed opinion its confusing i heard that if i will inform they will ask me to send CORP back and then it takes 14 weeks max for the correction.
@ kiala yup exactly its like ahmEd instead of ahmAd rest is entirely in order and correct......have you landed???? ws there any problem????and tell me one thing more please that are the details of PR card are filled on a/port on landing????? and at that time i need to tell officer to correct that spell mistake?????

@ mitali plz tell me is it true that it takes 14 weeks max for correction of CORP.?????
i informed them mitali at time of my medical when the same mistake ws there on medical form, at that time VO asked me to use it as such:(

its jst spoiling my excitement:(