+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share your experience | People who applied for PR after +1 year of marriage.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Hi,

Was your application processed same as the people who applied immediately after their marriage?

What challenges (if any) you have faced?

Please share!

Thanks in advance.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
From the posts on this forum, both options seem to raise a red flag. Applying immediately could convey a marriage of convenience because of the urgency in applying for PR whereas waiting for a year or so requires explaining the delay.

I personally applied after a year and have been wracking my brains on how it would adversely affect my application.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
From the posts on this forum, both options seem to raise a red flag. Applying immediately could convey a marriage of convenience because of the urgency in applying for PR whereas waiting for a year or so requires explaining the delay.

I personally applied after a year and have been wracking my brains on how it would adversely affect my application.
What happened with your application?
When did you apply?
Did you get the first AOR on time (same day as others who applied on the same date as yours?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
What happened with your application?
When did you apply?
Did you get the first AOR on time (same day as others who applied on the same date as yours?
My application is with NDVO since June 19th (same day AOR2). Meds done, Sched A and PCC sent.
I had sent my application on May 4th and got AOR1 on June 1st.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
My application is with NDVO since June 19th (same day AOR2). Meds done, Sched A and PCC sent.
I had sent my application on May 4th and got AOR1 on June 1st.
It seems to be normal cycle in your case then.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
Yes, but wouldn't the wait or no wait after marriage come into picture during relationship assessment? I guess that is done only in NDVO, so hard to say how it affects the application just yet.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
I don't know if you are looking for people who have already finished the process and got their PR status?
If not, just adding my 2cents. It's a looong story but we have been married for 3years and we just sent our app (June 1st). No AOR yet.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
I don't know if you are looking for people who have already finished the process and got their PR status?
If not, just adding my 2cents. It's a looong story but we have been married for 3years and we just sent our app (June 1st). No AOR yet.
Is it an outland application? I sent mine on May 34 and no AOR yet.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
From what I have seen, Cic's focus it's in the genuineness of the relationship. We applied 2 months after getting married and our interview was waived why? because we provided enough proof of relationship. Letters from family, pictures of us with the family together. Pictures of us spending Christmas together, Halloween, thanksgiving, going on family trips, traveling. That's what's important here not for how long you have been married. Now in my opinion, 6 months to 1 year it's the best time frame to apply if you don't have too much relationship proof. Applying too soon after marriage without having enough relationship proof it's asking for an interview.

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
From what I have seen, Cic's focus it's in the genuineness of the relationship. We applied 2 months after getting married and our interview was waived why? because we provided enough proof of relationship. Letters from family, pictures of us with the family together. Pictures of us spending Christmas together, Halloween, thanksgiving, going on family trips, traveling. That's what's important here not for how long you have been married. Now in my opinion, 6 months to 1 year it's the best time frame to apply if you don't have too much relationship proof. Applying too soon after marriage without having enough relationship proof it's asking for an interview.
If the application is still in Progress but an interview is waived, will there be a decision soon after?

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
If the application is still in Progress but an interview is waived, will there be a decision soon after?
Depends on your VO and the officer handling your application. If your VO is ottawa, then usually after eligibility is passed, it takes a couple of weeks to get DM. Others VO's can take 2-3 months after eligibility is passed and others usually for Muslim countries can take a couple of months since the BGC for them is more extensive. But in most cases, no matter what VO, having eligibility passed it means PPR is coming in less than 3 months.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
My husband and I have been together for almost six years. We recently celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We applied for his residency the end of December 2016, then married two and a half years. We didn't give any explanations and CIC never asked. He landed in June.

Aujla8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
we applied after a year and itz Delhi vo.my medical is stuck because of chest x ray.otherwise all went f9.personal home visit by vo then interview call ,we submitted extra proofs,they cancelled our interview,I don't think so if ur relationship is genium u dnt need to worry.they are very capable people in vo who judge fake and real people. itz their routine job.so far we feel Delhi vo is super nice.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
My husband and I have been together for almost six years. We recently celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We applied for his residency the end of December 2016, then married two and a half years. We didn't give any explanations and CIC never asked. He landed in June.
Was it an inland application?