+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

share you timeline for getting eCoPR/PR card approved in PR Confirmation Portal

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
They told me that after portal credentials they can give you the ecopr at any day between 1day to 6 months.
oh wow. Thanks for letting me know. 6 months is an incredibly long time to wait for ECOPR especially considering the long processing time for the PR application itself. So without ECOPR does this mean that one is not yet a PR even though the application is approved? Or what does this imply? Can we start receiving the benefits of PR without eCOPR? Would anyone please help me clarify?
Thank you.

Jul 27, 2022
oh wow. Thanks for letting me know. 6 months is an incredibly long time to wait for ECOPR especially considering the long processing time for the PR application itself. So without ECOPR does this mean that one is not yet a PR even though the application is approved? Or what does this imply? Can we start receiving the benefits of PR without eCOPR? Would anyone please help me clarify?
Thank you.
Once they made the decision and sent you portal. It means they will give you PR, this decision will not change and even you have to wait for a long time you will finally get your PR. You will be permanent resident from the day you received ecopr, so you are currently not a real permanent resident. You can apply benefits after receiving ecopr.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Once they made the decision and sent you portal. It means they will give you PR, this decision will not change and even you have to wait for a long time you will finally get your PR. You will be permanent resident from the day you received ecopr, so you are currently not a real permanent resident. You can apply benefits after receiving ecopr.
Great! Got it now. Thanks for the clarification. I hope those of us waiting for the ecopr can get it soon enough.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I also want to know.It has been over a month for me.
I’m thinking I may have to call them as that could prompt them to attend to the file. The online copr is supposed to expedite the landing process for inland applicants but it’s seeming like the reverse is the case for some folks.

Jul 27, 2022
I’m thinking I may have to call them as that could prompt them to attend to the file. The online copr is supposed to expedite the landing process for inland applicants but it’s seeming like the reverse is the case for some folks.
The call centre agent do not have the ability to speed up the process or contact the officer. They can only see the file and tell you what is going on. Better to contact the landing office directly but they usually do not respond to you anyway.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
The call centre agent do not have the ability to speed up the process or contact the officer. They can only see the file and tell you what is going on. Better to contact the landing office directly but they usually do not respond to you anyway.
Hmm interesting. Please how does one contact the landing office?

knapsack

Apr 20, 2022
AOR: May 9, 2022
Pre-arrival letter Received: October 14, 2021
Decision Made: August 29, 2022
Virtual Landing Credentials: Sept 1, 2022
Submitted address and photos: Sept 1, 2022
VO for portal mail: Calgary
eCOPR received: Awaiting
PR card emailed: Awaiting

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
AOR: May 9, 2022
Pre-arrival letter Received: October 14, 2021
Decision Made: August 29, 2022
Virtual Landing Credentials: Sept 1, 2022
Submitted address and photos: Sept 1, 2022
VO for portal mail: Calgary
eCOPR received: Awaiting
PR card emailed: Awaiting
I see we have some similarities in our timelines. Please could you let me know what pr-arrival letter is?

knapsack

Apr 20, 2022
I see we have some similarities in our timelines. Please could you let me know what pr-arrival letter is?
Not sure what you mean by pre arrival letter. But upon PR application approval, we receive an email with PDF for each applicant. In the same email they ask for some information and once that is submitted, they send PR Portal credential email.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Not sure what you mean by pre arrival letter. But upon PR application approval, we receive an email with PDF for each applicant. In the same email they ask for some information and once that is submitted, they send PR Portal credential email.
Oh ok. I asked because I saw this in your timeline for your previous post so I was wondering if I was missing something. I also received the email with the pdf attachment you talked about.

Warrior3333

Sep 8, 2022
Updated Photos and address on 22 August, still waiting for ECOPR. I called IRCC twice they are just saying to wait. I saw mostly people are getting COPR in couple days