+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Share Trading as a business

ali79uk

Aug 29, 2014
Hello All,

I am moving to Canada (FSW14 Programme) in July.

At the moment I do alot of share and option trading (on US Equities) and from my understanding due to nature & frequency of transactions (10 a day) I would be considered as a day trade and therefore a business and therefore pay tax as if my gains were income.

As such do I need to register as a business (in order to off set the cost of subscriptions, losses, purchase of equipment etc). Of is this just done on the tax declaration forms.

Kind Regards

Ali

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
ali79uk said:
Hello All,

I am moving to Canada (FSW14 Programme) in July.

At the moment I do alot of share and option trading (on US Equities) and from my understanding due to nature & frequency of transactions (10 a day) I would be considered as a day trade and therefore a business and therefore pay tax as if my gains were income.

As such do I need to register as a business (in order to off set the cost of subscriptions, losses, purchase of equipment etc). Of is this just done on the tax declaration forms.

Kind Regards

Ali
You would need to incorporate a business (very simple process) in order to qualify for the sort of deductions you are seeking.