+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Several changes made to Express Entry profile prior to submission - Consequences

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Has anyone in this forum been approved for PR or had rejections based on changes to their on their profile before ITA.

I ask because I have made several changes to my work history. When I first opened my profile, I had entered my work history details from the past 7 years off the top of my mind without actually contacting my employers for specific dates etc. Some of my first jobs was of a music teacher, so there was no formal hiring process and I did not receive a job offer letter or anything like that, so I ended up entering what I remembered.

Since then I've learnt a lot more about the express entry system process and how one needs to prove everything that is claimed. I have now obtained reference letters from all employers and made corrections accordingly on my profile.

Some have mentioned that IRCC retains a log of all changes made to express entry profile and when an officer views this, would he/she consider this an issue that I may have changed dates on my profile??

Anyone here had similar issues??

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
arrayofhope said:
Has anyone in this forum been approved for PR or had rejections based on changes to their on their profile before ITA.

I ask because I have made several changes to my work history. When I first opened my profile, I had entered my work history details from the past 7 years off the top of my mind without actually contacting my employers for specific dates etc. Some of my first jobs was of a music teacher, so there was no formal hiring process and I did not receive a job offer letter or anything like that, so I ended up entering what I remembered.

Since then I've learnt a lot more about the express entry system process and how one needs to prove everything that is claimed. I have now obtained reference letters from all employers and made corrections accordingly on my profile.

Some have mentioned that IRCC retains a log of all changes made to express entry profile and when an officer views this, would he/she consider this an issue that I may have changed dates on my profile??

Anyone here had similar issues??
As long as you satisfy the CRS score criteria with your submitted eAPR and have relevant documents to support your claim, you do not need to worry. Be sure to mention every activity in either your work history or your personal history.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What changes you make pre ITA are not recorded. The minute you get an ITA, your details are recorded in the GCMS notes and all changes are recorded for the rest of your life.

The ITA was issued based on your claims on the EE profile. If you can't prove it, you have not done it. You can knock off the experience you are not claiming points for as long as you mention it in the LoE. Whatever you knock off, make sure the scores don't fall below the cut off.

At the same time, you have to be careful that your amendments are not misconstrued as a way to mislead CIC to get an early invitation.

The basic rule here is if you said you were a rocket scientist, you have got to prove it or find a genuine way to disregard that claim without sounding dodgy.

Reactions: Faryad

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I've basically taken out my experience as a self employed musician/teacher. I have too many headaches coming up with suitable proof for this. I will of course mention this in my work history.

Like I said, I may have entered dates previously that were not consistent with the reference letters I now have. I don't even remember anymore. I have since updated my profile to reflect exactly as my reference letters are.

Btw I never claimed I was a rocket scientist ;D !!

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016
Re: Potential Change to Express Entry profile post ITA - Consequences??

Hello,

I received an ITA on April 5th. I worked in the US from April-2014 to March - 2016 and then came back here and have been helping out with my dad;s business ever since. After I created my EE application, I had pdated it to indicate being self- employed as I was working for the family business and it sounded logical. I do get a little bit deposited in my savings account every month as salary. But, upon re-checking documents to be submitted for self-employed work, I saw articles of incorporation, registration docs, ITR etc mentioned. Now, my father's business has all these and more, but I am NOT a partner in the business (my dad and my sister are). This makes it look like legally, I am not really self-employed.

What do I do now? Can I change my post-ITA application to indicate I work for the business and explain in an LOA or should I reject the ITA, resubmit my application with required changes and wait for another invite?

The CRS points I received was for my work ex in the US. I had updated my profile later to indicate I am working for my Family Business now and my score did not change.

Also, does anyone have any idea if changes made to your work experience pre-ITA do get included in your profile? I rejected my last invite as it looked like I was being dishonest and manipulative by stating I was self-employed. I made the required changes and re-submitted my profile, but my application again indicates me being self-employed post-ITA.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Best,
SR

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017

sr1989 said:
Hello,

I received an ITA on April 5th. I worked in the US from April-2014 to March - 2016 and then came back here and have been helping out with my dad;s business ever since. After I created my EE application, I had pdated it to indicate being self- employed as I was working for the family business and it sounded logical. I do get a little bit deposited in my savings account every month as salary. But, upon re-checking documents to be submitted for self-employed work, I saw articles of incorporation, registration docs, ITR etc mentioned. Now, my father's business has all these and more, but I am NOT a partner in the business (my dad and my sister are). This makes it look like legally, I am not really self-employed.

What do I do now? Can I change my post-ITA application to indicate I work for the business and explain in an LOA or should I reject the ITA, resubmit my application with required changes and wait for another invite?

The CRS points I received was for my work ex in the US. I had updated my profile later to indicate I am working for my Family Business now and my score did not change.

Also, does anyone have any idea if changes made to your work experience pre-ITA do get included in your profile? I rejected my last invite as it looked like I was being dishonest and manipulative by stating I was self-employed. I made the required changes and re-submitted my profile, but my application again indicates me being self-employed post-ITA.

Best,
SR
I think you will still qualify since you would be able to prove experience for the points you claimed for US work(if the self employed work didn't add more points).

Your thoughts of appearing dishonest or manipulative is a valid concern. Talk to an immigration lawyer in Canada. They would certainly know better and they would be able to give you the best advice. They will charge you around 300$ for a consultation but I feel paying that would be better than having something like " misrepresentation against you " although it was an honest mistake or you truly believed you were self employed.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
There is a question under occupation which says, " when did you become eligible to perform this occupation ". I had selected the date when I received my bachelors degree, although my NOC doesn't require a bachelors to perform the job.

All my work experience was done after I received my bachelors for that NOC.

Is this going to be an issue??

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017

sr1989 said:
Hello,

Best,
SR
I did the same mistake and now I declared myself as an employee... whats the issue with it ? You thought about it and you decided that you are actually not self-employed because technically that incorporation is a seperate entity... you wouldnt be self-employed even if you were a shareholder..

Theres lots of mistake regarding this self-employment thing, if its a limited or an incorporated company You are NOT self- employed... You can check this at tons of places....

Go ahead with your application, theres nothing wrong with it..... self- employment doesnt give you extra points so your CRS wont change, also self-employment is not like a golden reference or smt so it doesnt add any special value , meaning honesty or manipulation is not the issue here... I find it non logical to decline your ITA.... You will only loose time for basically nothing...

Please please try to avoid overkill, avoid non logical issues.... some people are just stressing themselves for nothing and it really makes me sad because you are not in trouble or smt.... you can trust me on this....

Write in your LOE that you have thought it should be self-employment and submit your stuff... You dont need a lawyer to decide on this....its just simple logic

Goodluck

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
arrayofhope said:
There is a question under occupation which says, " when did you become eligible to perform this occupation ". I had selected the date when I received my bachelors degree, although my NOC doesn't require a bachelors to perform the job.

All my work experience was done after I received my bachelors for that NOC.

Is this going to be an issue??
No you are fine if the Work expereiences are after the Bachelors pass out date.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
I had to go through some minor changes as well.

1. Pre ITA: My job has a timeline of October'13 to December'14.
After i got the experience letter, they mentioned it November'13- December'14. So now i have to update it on my profile for EAPR.

2. Pre ITA: My graduation date i mentioned is February'2014. Though i finished my course in october'13 but the final certificate was issued after four months which is february 2014. should i update this info as well ? and is it gonna raise any issues that i started working before i officially graduated ?

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016

Ezgi84 said:
I did the same mistake and now I declared myself as an employee... whats the issue with it ? You thought about it and you decided that you are actually not self-employed because technically that incorporation is a seperate entity... you wouldnt be self-employed even if you were a shareholder..

Theres lots of mistake regarding this self-employment thing, if its a limited or an incorporated company You are NOT self- employed... You can check this at tons of places....

Go ahead with your application, theres nothing wrong with it..... self- employment doesnt give you extra points so your CRS wont change, also self-employment is not like a golden reference or smt so it doesnt add any special value , meaning honesty or manipulation is not the issue here... I find it non logical to decline your ITA.... You will only loose time for basically nothing...

Please please try to avoid overkill, avoid non logical issues.... some people are just stressing themselves for nothing and it really makes me sad because you are not in trouble or smt.... you can trust me on this....

Write in your LOE that you have thought it should be self-employment and submit your stuff... You dont need a lawyer to decide on this....its just simple logic

Goodluck

Thank you. I already declined my ITA twice. one right at the end of 90days, as it didnt strike me till then that I was not a partner.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017

sr1989 said:
Thank you. I already declined my ITA twice. one right at the end of 90days, as it didnt strike me till then that I was not a partner.
You are welcome, I wish you good luck with your application

chelda

Jan 16, 2018
I just received a Letter of Interest from a Province but I have been unable to get a work reference letter from my first employer in 2009. I need to remove this from my work history. Now given that it does not change the overall score of my case, do you think this would cause any problems?