20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Hello guys
we plan to move to calgary in March with my husband(i am canadian he is PR holder).The truth is that i donr have any experıence about the cnadıan realıty such as ı have lıved outsıde from Canada...I dont have credıt hıstory and no famıly there to help us...ı have some questıons:
ı thought to rent a house from ınternet for 2 weeks by aırbnb so when we come to have a place to stay andat the same tıme to fınd a house for us...do you thınk that wıthout credıt hıstory wıll be dıffıcult?ıf ı prepay for example the rent for 6 months thıs would help?ı have a lıttle dog too and ı dont know what to do?alla tell me not to take the dog wıth me tıll we make the fısrt steps and that ı wont be able to fınd a house to rent...do you thınk the dog would be a problem?so stressed please ıf someone knows about Calgary ı would lıke to hear from hım or her

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
ninakap30 said:
Hello guys
we plan to move to calgary in March with my husband(i am canadian he is PR holder).The truth is that i donr have any experıence about the cnadıan realıty such as ı have lıved outsıde from Canada...I dont have credıt hıstory and no famıly there to help us...ı have some questıons:
ı thought to rent a house from ınternet for 2 weeks by aırbnb so when we come to have a place to stay andat the same tıme to fınd a house for us...do you thınk that wıthout credıt hıstory wıll be dıffıcult?ıf ı prepay for example the rent for 6 months thıs would help?ı have a lıttle dog too and ı dont know what to do?alla tell me not to take the dog wıth me tıll we make the fısrt steps and that ı wont be able to fınd a house to rent...do you thınk the dog would be a problem?so stressed please ıf someone knows about Calgary ı would lıke to hear from hım or her
I had the same issues when I moved to Calgary 5 years ago. Finding a place that allows pets is definitely an issue, and I would suggest settling in first and bringing your dog later. The rental vacancy rate in Calgary is very low and finding short term rentals is a challenge. However you would be able to get a small apartment in Downtown as a new comer as plenty of newcomers live here inititally. Hope this helps

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
dreamchaser said:
I had the same issues when I moved to Calgary 5 years ago. Finding a place that allows pets is definitely an issue, and I would suggest settling in first and bringing your dog later. The rental vacancy rate in Calgary is very low and finding short term rentals is a challenge. However you would be able to get a small apartment in Downtown as a new comer as plenty of newcomers live here inititally. Hope this helps
thanks....what do they ask to rent you a house?ı do not have guarantator and credıt hıstory there the only ı can make ıs to prepay the rent for 6 months or so..do you thınk they would accept?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamchaser said:
I don't think find rentals would a challenge especially if you don't just focus in the downtown area. A friend of mine was in search of a tenant for renting his single detached house in NW for several months until a tenant and her dog finally moved in.

@ ninakap30

Each landlord and agents' requirements are different. Some may accept and some may not. Good luck!

In case you couldn't find one, you, your family and your dog can always stay in a pet friendly hotel which dogs are allowed. Last time I stayed in Lakeview Calgary Aiport for a week with my dog. It was a pleasant experience.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ninakap30 said:
thanks....what do they ask to rent you a house?ı do not have guarantator and credıt hıstory there the only ı can make ıs to prepay the rent for 6 months or so..do you thınk they would accept?
check the following website if you need more details

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...