N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
frotenacs said:
I will be coming to Hamilton and coming with my wife, in 3-4 months.
I have an offer from McMaster univrrsity for 1 year, salary $50K/year. The salary is not much for two of us, but a week back I was contemplating over taking some odd job and try my best for a job of my choice. Now I am relieved to some extent, but still I do not feel 100% secured. How is the prospect of getting an engineering job around Hamilton/Toronto or for that matter other parts of Ontario?

3-4 months after my landing I have to think hard over Alberta vs Ontario. My background is Materials/Mechanical engineering.
As on-hold mentioned, $50K/year is good enough to start with.

Hamilton is known as the Steel Capital of Canada and the Toronto–Hamilton region is highly industrialized section of the country. Besides, there are auto-manufacturing plants (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota) within 50~150 km radius of Hamilton. Hamilton is geographically at the bay of Ontario lake and surrounded by GTA, Kitchener/Cambridge, Brantford & St. Catherines/Niagara Falls. It will also offer cheaper living cost. It may not be the best place to live or raise kids; but definitely a good place to start from specially when your background is in Materials/Mechanical engineering.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
As on-hold mentioned, $50K/year is good enough to start with.

Hamilton is known as the Steel Capital of Canada and the Toronto–Hamilton region is highly industrialized section of the country. Besides, there are auto-manufacturing plants (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota) within 50~150 km radius of Hamilton. Hamilton is geographically at the bay of Ontario lake and surrounded by GTA, Kitchener/Cambridge, Brantford & St. Catherines/Niagara Falls. It will also offer cheaper living cost. It may not be the best place to live or raise kids; but definitely a good place to start from specially when your background is in Materials/Mechanical engineering.
Great @ Rossei
I heard about the presence of Dofasco steel company in Hamilton. I was not aware of the Auto-cluster around Hamilton area. Seems like there could be some job opportunities in this area in future, if I do it right ;)
Right now, priority is to get a TWP!