+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

settle fund requirement

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Hi everybody
Would anybpdy please tell me about the minimum amount of money that I must show in the airport. During my aplication processing I submitted the bank balanced of CAD18000 for 3 members family. Now Should I bring exactly that amount or minimum amount will be enough.I am planning to enter canada withing april, 2011.

thanks in advaned for any suggestion/opinion.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
alimdrajab said:
Hi everybody
Would anybpdy please tell me about the minimum amount of money that I must show in the airport. During my aplication processing I submitted the bank balanced of CAD18000 for 3 members family. Now Should I bring exactly that amount or minimum amount will be enough.I am planning to enter canada withing april, 2011.

thanks in advaned for any suggestion/opinion.
Hi , its up to you to show more or at least the minimum amount as per the CHC requirement.

Cheers...

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SATDXB said:
Hi , its up to you to show more or at least the minimum amount as per the CHC requirement.

Cheers...
please clarify minimum amount means CAD 18000 for him or less than any amount?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Tonucml said:
please clarify minimum amount means CAD 18000 for him or less than any amount?
Proof of funds
The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration. The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

Number of ........... Funds Required
Family Members ... (in Canadian dollars)
1 ....................... $11,115
2 ....................... $13,837
3 ....................... $17,011
4 ....................... $20,654
5 ....................... $23,425
6 ....................... $26,419
7 or more ............ $29,414

Note:
You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

How much money should you bring?
a) Find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.
b) Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (eg. stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (eg. bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

Ref:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp#tphp idtphp

Date Modified:
2010-12-15

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Proof of funds
The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration. The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

Number of ........... Funds Required
Family Members ... (in Canadian dollars)
1 ....................... $11,115
2 ....................... $13,837
3 ....................... $17,011
4 ....................... $20,654
5 ....................... $23,425
6 ....................... $26,419
7 or more ............ $29,414

Note:
You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

How much money should you bring?
a) Find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.
b) Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.

Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (eg. stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (eg. bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

Ref:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp#tphp idtphp

Date Modified:
2010-12-15
Thanks sir for your reply.