+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Setting up a company and benefits

canwan

Dec 28, 2014
Isn't it a catch 22, you need a job to get a PR and you need a PR to get a jpb? What guarantee does the employer have whose offering you a job that you will indeed get a PR?. I honestly think that it doesn't matter. There is no way a majority of applicants are going to have job offers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
With Express Entry, those with a job offer in Canada have a very high chance of acceptance. And yes, it is certainly possible to get a permanent job offer in Canada without PR (possible but difficult). I agree that the majority of applicants will not have job offer. But those that do will have a distinct advantage.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canwan said:
Yes, with a degree from Stanford, and about 5 years of work ex., and a patent and 4 respected journal publications, I def. think my chances are good.

Thanks.
Why on Earth from all places in the world you'd come here???

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
If you intend to submit an application through the express entry system, I'd advise you consider completing your ielts before the end of this month. Reason? He first draw I believe happens befor th end of Feb. I guess it all depends on when you want to move.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
canwan said:
Isn't it a catch 22, you need a job to get a PR and you need a PR to get a jpb? What guarantee does the employer have whose offering you a job that you will indeed get a PR?. I honestly think that it doesn't matter. There is no way a majority of applicants are going to have job offers.
Canwan, if you are still exploring options for moving to Canada, I would suggest looking into the Canadian Startup Visa program. It requires you to raise a bit of capital from an angel group or local VC fund, or to gain acceptance into an incubator here, but it greatly accelerates the processing timelines and provides you with PR.

Please send me a message if you would like to learn more about the program or require some guidance.