+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Serious issues regarding Reference letter

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have worked for 2 organizations. The first one was an IT company where I worked as a software engineer. The supervisor has refused to provide the reference letter and my NOC would have been 2174 in Category A. But the HR says that since the supervisor is not willing to provide the approval, they can issue me a reference letter with some job responsibilities that fall in Category B NOCs, I don't know for what reasons. These NOCs will put be in bad light as I worked as a software engineer and the reference letter will reflect something else. My duration with this company was 32 months.

Secondly, post MBA, I worked as Manager in an Insurance Company and they have provided me the reference letter, with salary, major job duties, work hours and my tenure with the organization. But I worked at this company for 18 months only.

I have 2 major questions. First, should I accept the Category B reference letter from my previous employer? Will it have a negative effect on my profile when I apply for jobs, if I get the PR visa? Second, what should be my Primary NOC? The managerial job where I worked for 18 months, and have the reference letter, or the engineering job, where I worked for 32 months, but I don't have a reference letter, and will have to provide other documents as proof?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding your ref. letter issue - ask a colleague to write a ref. letter in plain paper and provide proof that such colleague works at that company.

Regarding your primary NOC - I don't know your score under the six selection factors (assuming FSW applicant) so it's tough to say which one you should pick.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I have worked for 2 organizations. The first one was an IT company where I worked as a software engineer. The supervisor has refused to provide the reference letter and my NOC would have been 2174 in Category A. But the HR says that since the supervisor is not willing to provide the approval, they can issue me a reference letter with some job responsibilities that fall in Category B NOCs, I don't know for what reasons. These NOCs will put be in bad light as I worked as a software engineer and the reference letter will reflect something else. My duration with this company was 32 months.

Secondly, post MBA, I worked as Manager in an Insurance Company and they have provided me the reference letter, with salary, major job duties, work hours and my tenure with the organization. But I worked at this company for 18 months only.

I have 2 major questions. First, should I accept the Category B reference letter from my previous employer? Will it have a negative effect on my profile when I apply for jobs, if I get the PR visa? Second, what should be my Primary NOC? The managerial job where I worked for 18 months, and have the reference letter, or the engineering job, where I worked for 32 months, but I don't have a reference letter, and will have to provide other documents as proof?

Thanks
primary NOC has nothing to do with your career prospects after you move

Reactions: tarun1110

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Regarding your ref. letter issue - ask a colleague to write a ref. letter in plain paper and provide proof that such colleague works at that company.

Regarding your primary NOC - I don't know your score under the six selection factors (assuming FSW applicant) so it's tough to say which one you should pick.
Yes mate. I remember, you had guided me the last time I asked a question regarding the reference letter. But the concern is, should I accept the Reference Letter with job responsibilities, which are much lower in status, but are acceptable for PR visa?

I have CLB 9 in IELTS and hold a Master's degree. My CRS would be 442 with only Post-MBA work experience and 467 with total work experience. Should I totally skip my IT work experience as I'll still have a CRS score of 442?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes mate. I remember, you had guided me the last time I asked a question regarding the reference letter. But the concern is, should I accept the Reference Letter with job responsibilities, which are much lower in status, but are acceptable for PR visa?

I have CLB 9 in IELTS and hold a Master's degree. My CRS would be 442 with only Post-MBA work experience and 467 with total work experience. Should I totally skip my IT work experience as I'll still have a CRS score of 442?
with 442 you're sure to get an ITA stick to it if it's too much of a hassle

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
primary NOC has nothing to do with your career prospects after you move
Thanks. But, do the employers in Canada refer to the NOCs, that we mention for PR application? Category B NOC would not look good on my CV when I have Computer Science Engineering and MBA degrees from two of the most reputed institutes in my country.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

NOC B is still skilled work experience so that's not the issue.

Your score without such work experience is still competitive so that's not the issue.

As long as you're still eligible under the FSW program you can proceed without such work experience - this is what you should focus on.

Canadian employers couldn't care less about your NOC.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks. But, do the employers in Canada refer to the NOCs, that we mention for PR application? Category B NOC would not look good on my CV when I have Computer Science Engineering and MBA degrees from two of the most reputed institutes in my country.
Since you said I replied about that topic earlier, then for the third time the primary NOC has NOTHING to do with your future career jobs. You can change careers for all they care.
Just to add one more thing, just because the institute is reputable in your country doesn't mean canadian employers will care about it. Unless you're lucky you will be considered as a fresh grad.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Since you said I replied about that topic earlier, then for the third time the primary NOC has NOTHING to do with your future career jobs. You can change careers for all they care.
Just to add one more thing, just because the institute is reputable in your country doesn't mean canadian employers will care about it. Unless you're lucky you will be considered as a fresh grad.
I am not expecting much from the Canadian employers and I understand that my work experience in India may not add any value, when it comes to employment in Canada. I don't have any issues, even if I have to start as a fresh graduate. The only concern was regarding the impact of NOC on my future, which you have resolved :)

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, just to correct you even NOC B category ppl have computer science engineering degree. It's not that this is some low category as you are presenting it to be. And choosing NOC has no affect on your future job prospects in Canada.

Cheers

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi, just to correct you even NOC B category ppl have computer science engineering degree. It's not that this is some low category as you are presenting it to be. And choosing NOC has no affect on your future job prospects in Canada.

Cheers
Thanks for the response. Can you please guide me regarding the NOC code, if you have any information regarding the below job activities? The HR manager has offered 6 job responsibilities, out of which I can choose up to 5 responsibilities. These are relevant to some extent in different NOCs related to Computer Science.

1. Service Transition: Implement planned activities as part of service specific Technology Migration and up gradation plan IN ORDER TO facilitate timely closure.

2. Service Level Management and Reporting: Executive Service requests, incidents and assist in providing relevant data points IN ORDER TO comply with Service level management and reporting.

3. Security Management: Comply with the defined policy and process and adherence to the controls IN ORDER TO meet service specific security compliance.

4. Incident, Request and Problem Management: Attend to service incidents and requests, notify technical leads on repeated incidents IN ORDER TO meet the defined target in SLA.

5. Change, Release and Configuration Management: Document the changes and update CMDB IN ORDER TO align with Change and Release management process.

6. Service Improvement: Implement planned ISAT Action items IN ORDER TO improve satisfaction.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. Can you please guide me regarding the NOC code, if you have any information regarding the below job activities? The HR manager has offered 6 job responsibilities, out of which I can choose up to 5 responsibilities. These are relevant to some extent in different NOCs related to Computer Science.

1. Service Transition: Implement planned activities as part of service specific Technology Migration and up gradation plan IN ORDER TO facilitate timely closure.

2. Service Level Management and Reporting: Executive Service requests, incidents and assist in providing relevant data points IN ORDER TO comply with Service level management and reporting.

3. Security Management: Comply with the defined policy and process and adherence to the controls IN ORDER TO meet service specific security compliance.

4. Incident, Request and Problem Management: Attend to service incidents and requests, notify technical leads on repeated incidents IN ORDER TO meet the defined target in SLA.

5. Change, Release and Configuration Management: Document the changes and update CMDB IN ORDER TO align with Change and Release management process.

6. Service Improvement: Implement planned ISAT Action items IN ORDER TO improve satisfaction.
these translates to technical support. Were you working as L1 or L2 support on any project in IT company.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
these translates to technical support. Were you working as L1 or L2 support on any project in IT company.
No, I worked as a software engineer (worked on JAVA for coding and Oracle Enterprise Manager for for root cause analysis). I was responsible for development and modification of code, plus performing the root cause analysis of code and data to determine the areas of concern to make the data and code changes. But, since, the supervisor has refused to provide the approval for issuance of my reference letter, the HR has offered me this option to choose up to 5 of these duties. Can you tell me the NOC please? I'm finding it a bit difficult to map these roles to the exact NOC as I do not have much knowledge about these roles.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I worked as a software engineer (worked on JAVA for coding and Oracle Enterprise Manager for for root cause analysis). I was responsible for development and modification of code, plus performing the root cause analysis of code and data to determine the areas of concern to make the data and code changes. But, since, the supervisor has refused to provide the approval for issuance of my reference letter, the HR has offered me this option to choose up to 5 of these duties. Can you tell me the NOC please? I'm finding it a bit difficult to map these roles to the exact NOC as I do not have much knowledge about these roles.
the job that u did are more aligned with 2173 NOC but I think seniors over here can guide you better. There is one email address where u can send ur job details and they will tell u which NOC suits better for your profile

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
the job that u did are more aligned with 2173 NOC but I think seniors over here can guide you better. There is one email address where u can send ur job details and they will tell u which NOC suits better for your profile
My actual job responsibilities are in line with NOC 2173, but the responsibilities offered by the HR are different, so I cannot use NOC 2173, may be NOC 2281, but not 100% sure about that.

Can you please share the email address where I can send my job details, to get an idea about my NOC?