+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September Intake 2013 students... Post here... We'll help each other...

nittrik

May 23, 2013
Re: Students from India applying for September 2013 intake please post here.
Hello everyone,

Guys m also planing to apply for Sept 13 intake, little confused about something. I have completed my bachelors in 2006 Arts & Humanities and after that i started working as a credit and collections analyst, i have got over 6 years of experience in banking and finance, Aml Compliance and traveled to United states multiple times for different projects. I wanted to do an MBA abroad but due to a service level agreement with my current organization i was unable to pursue my dream but my contract is going to get over in july 2013 so i have already started my prepration ..... 10th -50%, 12th - 68%, bachelors - 55%, IELTS - 6.5 (over all). I have already traveled half of the United States but Canada was always my choice, a canada based consultancy is handling my case n i have already sent all my docs including experience letters for screening....now waiting for their response n list of institutes they are going to suggest me. i know my scores are average but still lets hope for the best ....

my questions.......

Question # 1 - I have completed my bachelors in 2006 do u think that i can qualify under SPP?
Question # 2 - i have heard theres no MBA course under SPP, is it true?

i am looking for a post graduation program (degree/diploma/certificate) where we can have an option of weekend/online classes... Need ur suggestions some good collages with best management programs.

Need some guidance....

Thanks

analyst2013

May 23, 2013
Hi Nittrik,

The answer to your 1st question is; it will be recommended to not apply under SPP since the gap between your last study and new application is more than 5 years. Thus SPP is not for you. You can apply under general category and get the student visa. Thats fine. Just some extra paperwork and slightly more processing time.

To answer your 2nd question, please check the link below

canadainternational . gc . ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng

If the college/university you wish to choose is in the above list, then SPP else non-SPP.

Hope this helps.

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guyz...

What about Algonquin college in Ottawa. What are the chance to get part time jobs there in Ottawa.

Please help me i completed my diploma in Computer Engineering in 2010. having three years working exp in the related field.

jagrulz

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Jul 13
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
26th jul 2
Yash612 said:
Hi guys... Share your profile if you are looking for September 2013 intake under SPP in Canada for PG Diploma course...!!!
We can share our best knowledge to everyone...
So,,, we can get the best possible result in future...
I am from India... I am an engineer in I.T...
My 10th is 72.46%,,, 12th is 56.00%...
Bachelors are 5.6 CPI and 6.7 CGPA (10 BACKLOGS AND ALL CLEARED...)
Looking for September Intake...
Reply Guys and share your Excellence...

heiya everyone,

got admission in naiagara college for september 2013 intake , is anyone there pls. come out as i wana discuss aboout visa processing. have paid my first trem fees plus loan is also cleared.

jagrulz

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Jul 13
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
26th jul 2
hi anyone for niagara college 2013 september intake?

AzharSPP

Star Member
May 25, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2013
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
File Transfer...
08-05-2013
Med's Request
Pre Meds done
I submitted my SPP file to VFS New Delhi on 7th May 2013 and the Passport Status is :
"Passport received at Canadian High Commission, 7/8 SHANTIPATH, CHANKYAPURI, -, NEW DELHI, Pin:110021, Tel: on 08/05/2013 and is under processing"
I did get a phone call from Embassy on 13th May to reconfirm Work and Education details and not heard anything since.
10th : 61% 2001 , 12th 58% 2003 , BSc 72% 2006 and 6 Years of Work Experience since then
Also completed MBA International Business 2012 from Distance mode CMJ University
Lambton College : Sep 2013 : PG International Business Management
IELTS : 7.5 Band
GIC : $10100
1 Year College fee : $13200 Paid.
Every passing day makes it difficult to have more patience and faith. I am just waiting for good news. Share if any of you guys get Visa for Sep 2013 intake.

nittrik

May 23, 2013
AzharSPP said:
I submitted my SPP file to VFS New Delhi on 7th May 2013 and the Passport Status is :
"Passport received at Canadian High Commission, 7/8 SHANTIPATH, CHANKYAPURI, -, NEW DELHI, Pin:110021, Tel: on 08/05/2013 and is under processing"
I did get a phone call from Embassy on 13th May to reconfirm Work and Education details and not heard anything since.
10th : 61% 2001 , 12th 58% 2003 , BSc 72% 2006 and 6 Years of Work Experience since then
Also completed MBA International Business 2012 from Distance mode CMJ University
Every passing day makes it difficult to have more patience and faith. I am just waiting for good news. Share if any of you guys get Visa for Sep 2013 intake.

Hey bro... We both have a similar profile.... 2001 - 10th...2003- 12th .. Bachelors - 2006 with 6 + work experience.....n m also planing to go under SPP so just want to know as theres a gap of more then 5 yrs in my case whether i qualify for SPP or not.......good luck :)

nittrik

May 23, 2013
analyst2013 said:
Hi Nittrik,

The answer to your 1st question is; it will be recommended to not apply under SPP since the gap between your last study and new application is more than 5 years. Thus SPP is not for you. You can apply under general category and get the student visa. Thats fine. Just some extra paperwork and slightly more processing time.

To answer your 2nd question, please check the link below

canadainternational . gc . ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng

If the college/university you wish to choose is in the above list, then SPP else non-SPP.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for replying....i was lil confused about this whole issue.... Waiting to hear it from my consultant in a day or two..... Last week i have sent all my docs for screening...after this confirmation will go ahead n apply under non-spp...... Could you please tell me that under non-spp/regular international candidates funds requirement is different.

analyst2013

May 23, 2013
AzharSPP said:
Hi Azhar,

Don't worry. It is taking time since you have applied for the visa of SEPT 2013 intake a bit early. Generally end of May or 1st week of June is right time for HEADSTART visa application of SEPT 2013 intake. I wish you good luck and hope you get a positive response ASAP.

Keep in touch

- Manish.

analyst2013

May 23, 2013
nittrik said:
Thanks for replying....i was lil confused about this whole issue.... Waiting to hear it from my consultant in a day or two..... Last week i have sent all my docs for screening...after this confirmation will go ahead n apply under non-spp...... Could you please tell me that under non-spp/regular international candidates funds requirement is different.
Hi Nittrik,

For NON-SPP, GIC of CAD 10,000 is not compulsory. Any other funding equivalent to that amount is okay. This is what I have read and understood.

If you feel, your consultant is qualified that definately follow his advice.

Wish you good luck for your visa filing process. Keep in touch.

- Manish.

nittrik

May 23, 2013
Hey guys

Just got an acceptance letter from Humber for Global Business Management for Sept 2013 intake under non SPP, now need your valuable suggestions regarding showing my funds, m planing to pay 1st semester fee by my own savings.

1. how much money i should show in my account and my sponsors savings account?
2. What all things are important for a smooth for a smooth transition.

I just came to know that non spp takes little longer, so all suggestions are welcome because i think i have very little time.......

Appreciate your answers......

vishal23489

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Can some one please help me in my case?

I have got my IELTS score - it is 6.5 over all

7.5 - Listening
6.5 - Writing
6.5 - Reading
5.5 - Speaking

I am planning to go for PG course in Toronto.
My past score is very good, I have scored Distinction in all including Schooling and college study..

What are the chances to get Admission in well reputed college such as Seneca or Humber etc..

What are the other options for PG course??

Please explain in detail.

Thanks in advance.

rituritz

Oct 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
O
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
1-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Yesssssssssssss......
LANDED..........
12-august-2013
nittrik said:
Re: Students from India applying for September 2013 intake please post here.
Hello everyone,

Guys m also planing to apply for Sept 13 intake, little confused about something. I have completed my bachelors in 2006 Arts & Humanities and after that i started working as a credit and collections analyst, i have got over 6 years of experience in banking and finance, Aml Compliance and traveled to United states multiple times for different projects. I wanted to do an MBA abroad but due to a service level agreement with my current organization i was unable to pursue my dream but my contract is going to get over in july 2013 so i have already started my prepration ..... 10th -50%, 12th - 68%, bachelors - 55%, IELTS - 6.5 (over all). I have already traveled half of the United States but Canada was always my choice, a canada based consultancy is handling my case n i have already sent all my docs including experience letters for screening....now waiting for their response n list of institutes they are going to suggest me. i know my scores are average but still lets hope for the best ....

my questions.......

Question # 1 - I have completed my bachelors in 2006 do u think that i can qualify under SPP?
Question # 2 - i have heard theres no MBA course under SPP, is it true?

i am looking for a post graduation program (degree/diploma/certificate) where we can have an option of weekend/online classes... Need ur suggestions some good collages with best management programs.

Need some guidance....

Thanks
Hey have you applied for the VISA ?

ECE Engr

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
My current passport is valid till April 2015 while my MEng program will be longer than that period i-e Sept 2015. Due to some delays with the passport issuing authority in my country, the process for renewing the passport is taking upto several months (2 - 3 months) even on urgent fee.

While a friend got the passport request for visa from the CIC today. in that email it was stated that the "Passport should be valid till the expected duration of study and the visa cannot be issued beyond the expiry of the passport"

Now, I am confused what to do? Should I apply for a new passport hoping that it comes in time or stay with the current one??

I have also applied for a study permit online using the scanned version of my current passport, would that be a problem with CIC later on if I present my application with a renewed passport(provided that it arrives in time) since the passport number will change on the new one.

Need help guys!!