+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September AOR join here

shafikul

May 17, 2017
Hello,

Received ppr issued from SGVO. It is clearly instructed there not to upload any passport copy and photo in online account. But there are 2 placeholders created in cic online account to upload the replacement of passport and digital photo. Now I'm worried about:

1. If I upload then it violates the instruction of ppr letter.
2. If I don't by the given deadline of 1 month then I won't be able to upload later and status of my online account will be showing overdue.

Seeking advice from people who got copr. What should I do?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi just wanted to share my timeline: CEC inland

ITA Aug 24 (518 points)
AOR Sep 28
Med passed Oct 10-15 (haven't checked each day)
ADR Oct 16 (request for FBI pcc)
FBI pcc submitted on Nov 22
Procedural fairness letter on Nov 30 (request proof that I do not intend to live in QC)
Procedural fairness letter response submitted on Dec 1
PPR Dec 12

Meanwhile:
BOWP applied on Oct 19
BOWP approved on Dec 20

Thank you!
What the hell. I got PPR on DEC 19th and they recieved my Passport on 27th. No information since then. I have also applied for Second BOWP that is in processl I thought they cancel that automatically and send the refund

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Got PPR today at 6:59pm..

Good luck with o rest others waiting for theirs.
Ihave exactly same time line as yours except the AOR i think. Have you got your passport back. Its been almost 10 ddays and return tracker is not activated yet for me.

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hi @andy108

We submitted our PR application on 27 September in FSW-O category, and we have had no update yet - not even Medical Passed. My husband was the principal applicant in the application, and the work experience that he claimed was as a PhD student in Europe under NOC4012. He had recently finished his PhD and wanted to look for a job in Canada after getting PR, so his current work status is "Unemployed". We are wondering if due to these reasons, our application has been assigned a very low priority (something called "triage"). What do you think?

We are contemplating withdrawing the application, and re-submitting with me as the principal applicant. I am currently a post-doc in Europe. In September, we could not do this because of my low IELTS score, but since then I've achieved the IELTS score that would make our EE score to be 470+, if I'm the principal applicant. Would you recommend this course of action? How much time can it take to withdraw one's application, and can it negatively impact our second application?

I have been closely observing the immigration trackers for the last few months. It seems that those FSW-O candidates whose Medical is not passed within the first month, have been languishing without update since then. Perhaps, some of these have simply not updated their status on immigration tracker, but at least a few of them would be in a situation similar to ours. There's an active user with profile name 'Poupon' who has been waiting for more than 8 months without any update! It is the fear of such a situation that has made us consider withdrawing our application, and re-submitting.

JoFromAustralia

May 17, 2017
I got my PPR today which was a huge shock since my background status never changed from 'Not Applicable' throughout the whole process. In all it took 4 months and 3 days from AOR to PPR, which I believe is quite fast for an inland PNP at the moment, so I am very happy.

Here is my timeline with some details:
ITA - 23 August
AOR - 8 September
Meds passed - 5 October
ADR - 9 November - Settlement Plan (because I am an Ontario PNP, however currently staying in Quebec, they wanted to make sure I do have legitimate plans to settle in Ontario)
Uploaded Settlement Plan - 13 November
GCMS notes ordered - 14 December (haven't received them yet - expecting them next week)
PPR - 11 January

It wasn't until this afternoon that I finally saw my background check status change to "In Progress" for the first time (and I was checking every day), but I received the PPR email in my inbox just after seeing the update in my profile.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs and thank you to anyone who answered any of my questions during this process which for me has been over 19 months in total! :D