+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September AOR join here

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
The Passport Request Letter doesn't have a deadline to it. I guess people will usually send their passport right away but does anyone know if there's a deadline to submit passport?

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I hope you get it soon!

@save_me_plz, we're FSW-O (US), principal applicant + 2 dependents.

I really recommend using email filters for anyone waiting. Both my husband and I use gmail so we made filters that (1) made sure anything with 'visa' or from a cic.gc.ca email didn't go into the spam folder and (2) anything with 'visa' was forwarded to my gmail account (which also had filter (1) set up). The forwarding was instant - in fact, I read it before my husband! We had already used another filter to forward the generic emails sent on account updates as soon as we put in our application so when meds passed or if we'd needed additional documents, I'd get the notice also.

is it ok to mail ottawa office and ask them the status?

Mohammed Shakir

Jul 20, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

my application got updated today

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

my application got updated today

this is IP2. you are at the last step now before PPR

Mohammed Shakir

Jul 20, 2017

How long ppr will take after this

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
The Passport Request Letter doesn't have a deadline to it. I guess people will usually send their passport right away but does anyone know if there's a deadline to submit passport?
Usually you get 30 days to submit your passport to the Local Visa Office

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Received PPR on October 19 but my profile details changed only today:
Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your background check was completed.
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

What does it mean? My passport is currently at the embassy. Does it mean COPR has been issued?
Yes, that's usually what those status changes mean, according to the forum - that your passport has been stamped with the visa and the COPR has been issued. Congrats; it means you should be getting your passport and COPR back soon. You're so lucky! I'm checking my myCIC account obsessively waiting for those messages - I can't find any data on how long my particular local visa office usually takes to process passports :( and I just want to get it back in hand so I can hand in my notice at work and start the wrapping-up process so I can land in the next 2 months! :p

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
is it ok to mail ottawa office and ask them the status?
If you're not done with 6 months, then no. It's not. Most probably, they will send you a generic email.

Mohammed Shakir

Jul 20, 2017

How long will take for ppr

senthil4u

Oct 13, 2017
I called them to check and remove my one of the Email id which was there in my UCI - And also asked them where is my Application .

They Said it is in etobicoke visa office and Background check is Done - I was in IP2 from 10 OCT and i am CEC Inland . is this means that i will be getting the PPR Soon ?

Reactions: MSeth

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
whats IP1,IP2,NA2 ?
Hi guys!

Got my PPR today!!! IP2 started on 21st october.

All the best to everyone out there!

-Teja

my

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hello Everyone,

I got my Passport request email, but there is no change on the EE profile.The status is IP2 and the Additional documents are being reviewed. Is this normal.

Thanks,
Brenna
It will not change, until your passport get stamped.

Reactions: Brenna