AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
What will be done in IP2 ? - Since i am in IP2 for past 7 days - are they checking work experience and security ... how to find what status will be my file ... can some one provide the Phone number to call and check .... it is good to call now based on my time line or it is Too soon , should not call .
Hi senthil4u,
IP2 is supposedly when eligibility reviews are finalized (when they check to make sure you were actually eligible to apply under Express Entry, and your CRS Score was legitimate), and when the background check (security assessment) is conducted.

And I know it's not necessarily my place, but please don't call IRCC and tie up their human resources to check on this - your application is already progressing very quickly, much more quickly than most, considering the averaging processing time is supposed to be 6 months; there's no need to call. They're probably not going to give you any useful information anyway especially since your application is less than a month old. Let them spend time instead on other activities that will help everyone else's applications progress as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay86

senthil4u

Oct 13, 2017
Hi senthil4u,
IP2 is supposedly when eligibility reviews are finalized (when they check to make sure you were actually eligible to apply under Express Entry, and your CRS Score was legitimate), and when the background check (security assessment) is conducted.

And I know it's not necessarily my place, but please don't call IRCC and tie up their human resources to check on this - your application is already progressing very quickly, much more quickly than most, considering the averaging processing time is supposed to be 6 months; there's no need to call. They're probably not going to give you any useful information anyway especially since your application is less than a month old. Let them spend time instead on other activities that will help everyone else's applications progress as well.
Thanks Cresent Jam

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi senthil4u,

Since you so worried about him calling. The person who picks up the call is call center agent not the Visa Officer who is processing your file. So even if he calls, those extra 10 minutes will not be deducted from your time. So chill

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
I got my PPR email on oct 13th.. :)
I got ITA on the same date.. still showing as we are processing your background checks.. Are you CEC Inland? When did you make your profile. I think it has something to do with Profile creation date. Congratulations by the way.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Since you so worried about him calling. The person who picks up the call is call center agent not the Visa Officer who is processing your file. So even if he calls, those extra 10 minutes will not be deducted from your time. So chill
It may be a call center agent, but the call center agent has other calls that likely take priority and that are being delayed or overlooked when we bombard them with less necessary calls - for example, they should be dealing with calls from the poor people who have been waiting 6 months, 10 months, and even 2 years for their applications to be processed, and have to be waiting on the phone for 40 minutes (based on some reports) to get through to someone they can speak to about it, if they get through at all. Senthil asked if he/she should call, and so I expressed an opinion on the matter; no 'chilling' required.

And please remember that we need to try to be careful of our 'tone' in our responses on the forum - we're all here to help each other, not try to discourage people from responding to others for fear of how they will be received. Note that I mentioned that it "may not necessarily be my place" and said "Please" in my response to Senthil. Asking a stranger to "chill", especially when they were addressing someone else, is not necessarily considered polite where I come from. Not saying you were trying to be rude or admonish me, of course; but it's always important that we try to remember the 'tone' that comes across in what we write.

Reactions: Jakev

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
It may be a call center agent, but the call center agent has other calls that likely take priority and that are being delayed or overlooked when we bombard them with less necessary calls - for example, they should be dealing with calls from the poor people who have been waiting 6 months, 10 months, and even 2 years for their applications to be processed, and have to be waiting on the phone for 40 minutes (based on some reports) to get through to someone they can speak to about it, if they get through at all. Senthil asked if he/she should call, and so I expressed an opinion on the matter; no 'chilling' required.

And please remember that we need to try to be careful of our 'tone' in our responses on the forum - we're all here to help each other, not try to discourage people from responding to others for fear of how they will be received. Note that I mentioned that it "may not necessarily be my place" and said "Please" in my response to Senthil. Asking a stranger to "chill", especially when they were addressing someone else, is not necessarily considered polite where I come from. Not saying you were trying to be rude or admonish me, of course; but it's always important that we try to remember the 'tone' that comes across in what we write.
I dont know where are you coming from, but where you are coming to is a different world altogether. Here, in Canada they genreally dont lecture people, just say that "I would not call because ......". If you look at your answer it is of two lines, and if you look at your suggestions that is almost 4 lines. Please check your tone as well in those 4 lines ensuring that other person should not call. Moreover, this long paragraph you wrote suggests that you just check other people's tone, but not yours. I aplogise if you got discouraged, howvere you also discouraged Senthil from calling him to CIC. Bro, Every body is stressed, everybody is concerned, and everybody wants to hear positive things, I hope you get my point. If not I will not argue with you any more.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I dont know where are you coming from, but where you are coming to is a different world altogether. Here, in Canada they genreally dont lecture people, just say that "I would not call because ......". If you look at your answer it is of two lines, and if you look at your suggestions that is almost 4 lines. Please check your tone as well in those 4 lines ensuring that other person should not call. Moreover, this long paragraph you wrote suggests that you just check other people's tone, but not yours. I aplogise if you got discouraged, howvere you also discouraged Senthil from calling him to CIC. Bro, Every body is stressed, everybody is concerned, and everybody wants to hear positive things, I hope you get my point. If not I will not argue with you any more.
I apologize if my tone came across as though I was trying to discourage or lecture Senthil. I was just trying to answer his/her question and explain my reasoning behind my answer, but I will review my tone for future posts. But I do hope you got my point as well.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
We're still in NA2 here but we did have the additional documents status change to "We do not need additional documents" today :)