+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 3rd AIP holders gather here.

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hey guys, they have started issuing AIP to Jan intake as well... They must be working on those files right now...

Official Site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

We’ll process your application in 2 stages if

• you submitted your application on or before December 15, 2020
  • your application is incomplete due to COVID-19 (for example, you’re missing your biometrics or medical), and
  • your program begins in the winter 2021 semester
Name - XXXXX
college - Seneca College
medical update - no
upfront medical provided - Yes (3 sept)
application date - 6 oct 2020 at 6:30 in evening
Aip recived in mail - 7 jan 7:58 pm IST
biometric done -14 nov dubai

Look at this case.. File is complete but still got the AIP....

Now more delay is going to happen... they are playing with Students life's literally for money...

• Sad
Reactions: Petita

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hey guys, they have started issuing AIP to Jan intake as well... They must be working on those files right now...

Official Site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

We’ll process your application in 2 stages if

• you submitted your application on or before December 15, 2020
  • your application is incomplete due to COVID-19 (for example, you’re missing your biometrics or medical), and
  • your program begins in the winter 2021 semester
Name - XXXXX
college - Seneca College
medical update - no
upfront medical provided - Yes (3 sept)
application date - 6 oct 2020 at 6:30 in evening
Aip recived in mail - 7 jan 7:58 pm IST
biometric done -14 nov dubai

Look at this case.. File is complete but still got the AIP....

Now more delay is going to happen... they are playing with Students life's literally for money...
Biometrics should be done within 30 days for normal processing according to their operational bulletin.

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Biometrics should be done within 30 days for normal processing according to their operational bulletin.
Bro...There is nothing normal now a days... look at the difference between bio and AIP dates... also, I had submitted complete file I still got AIP...

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Bro...There is nothing normal now a days... look at the difference between bio and AIP dates... also, I had submitted complete file I still got AIP...
Maybe you are right but I know one case where they received an approval for winter intake under normal processing (application and biometric dates within same month).

ashna.patel

Dec 15, 2020
I don’t think it’ll be that big of a problem since our applications are either on the edge of completing second stage or have started second stage. Maybe it’ll take a little longer to get the final results but we’ll hopefully get it soon.

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Maybe you are right but I know one case where they received an approval for winter intake under normal processing (application and biometric dates within same month).
Nah.. I think you are also right in your observation, they were doing this till couple of days ago.. now they have realized that Jan intake will fail as more than 40K people are waiting for Bio to be done.. and its going to be a big loss for Canada so they have again started AIP system... To keep the inflow of cash...

My only worry is the delay this cause to us, whose file is at the verge of getting PPR... now they focus all there resources on giving AIPs to those whose files are incomplete... and we Sept intake already studying with AIP... so they may not touch for little while

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I don’t think it’ll be that big of a problem since our applications are either on the edge of completing second stage or have started second stage. Maybe it’ll take a little longer to get the final results but we’ll hopefully get it soon.
Correct.. just little longer it may take.. may be 1-2 month now...

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Nah.. I think you are also right in your observation, they were doing this till couple of days ago.. now they have realized that Jan intake will fail as more than 40K people are waiting for Bio to be done.. and its going to be a big loss for Canada so they have again started AIP system... To keep the inflow of cash...

My only worry is the delay this cause to us, whose file is at the verge of getting PPR... now they focus all there resources on giving AIPs to those whose files are incomplete... and we Sept intake already studying with AIP... so they may not touch for little while
Even if they issue AIP , winter 2021 processing will get over by January 31st. Next up is May 2021.

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020
Got OPR finally!

Application submission: 20th July (SDS)
AIP: 3rd Sept
Biometrics submission: 11th Dec (New Delhi)
Medical: Updated on 22nd Dec
BVL: 06 Jan (2 am IST)
Got an email from IRCC at 22.35 IST, 7th Jan (date mentioned on the letter is 6 Jan). Wasn't able to open GC portal due to errors so far. Just managed to log in and found the OPR in it.

Relieved. All the best to those who are waiting. Hopefully, you'll get it soon too!

Last edited:

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Got OPR finally!

Got an email from IRCC at 22.35 IST, 7th Jan. Wasn't able to open GC portal due to errors so far. Just managed to log in and found the OPR in it.

Relieved. All the best to those who are waiting. Hopefully, you'll get it soon too!
Congratulations!!!!!

Reactions: mga20

amazing.cool

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Got OPR finally!

Got an email from IRCC at 22.35 IST, 7th Jan (date mentioned on the letter is 6 Jan). Wasn't able to open GC portal due to errors so far. Just managed to log in and found the OPR in it.

Congratulations!

Reactions: mga20