+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship

halars

Jan 15, 2024
Hello,
Hope you all are doing well.
Asking on behalf of a friend:

My friend (CA PR) wants to sponsor for his wife (in Pak) to Canada. He will be applying outland under the Family Class.

Q1) On some online forums, it is stated that the application must be submitted to the embassy/local visa office. However, on the IRCC website, it states all applications must be submitted online.
Not sure if this applies to outland family sponsorship, but can someone please confirm that even outland applications must be submitted online via the PR portal and NOT by paper to an embassy/visa office?

Q2) There isn’t a separate application packge for outland. Basically, on the application, you simply specify that the Principal Applicant is residing in another country. Is that correct?

Any insights and responses will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
I received an email yesterday, which seems to be the AOR 2, and it is asking me the PA to link her account to the application. We tried doing that but it is saying that the info are wrong. Anyone faced that?

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023
I received an email with a pdf saying the following:

Date: 12 January 2024
UCI: 99999999
Application: F00000000
Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx
IRCC received your paper application for Permanent Residence (Family Class Sponsorship) on 2023-11-
Did you know that you can now link your paper application to your IRCC online
account?
Linking your application to your IRCC online account makes
it easy and convenient to submit additional documents
requested by IRCC and provides status updates in real-time.
Link your application to your online account
• get the most up-to-date case status information
• get online updates for an application you submitted on paper
• change your Sign-In Partner or switch to a GCKey
• take over an application from an authorized representative
Follow the steps to sign into your online or create a new one

Is this AOR 2? It was addressed to the PA
I’m not sure if this is AOR 2. I thought this was a generic info letter sent to everyone, whereas the AOR 2 will come from the VO office directly.

You might have to wait a few days. I had trouble linking too, in the end the problem that I had was that I was not counting the sponsor in the number of people. When I counted the sponsor, I was able to link the application.

Reactions: needinfo92923

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hello,
Hope you all are doing well.
Asking on behalf of a friend:

My friend (CA PR) wants to sponsor for his wife (in Pak) to Canada. He will be applying outland under the Family Class.

Q1) On some online forums, it is stated that the application must be submitted to the embassy/local visa office. However, on the IRCC website, it states all applications must be submitted online.
Not sure if this applies to outland family sponsorship, but can someone please confirm that even outland applications must be submitted online via the PR portal and NOT by paper to an embassy/visa office?

Q2) There isn’t a separate application packge for outland. Basically, on the application, you simply specify that the Principal Applicant is residing in another country. Is that correct?

Any insights and responses will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Hello
For your questions, the family class sponsorship for PR, all the applications are submitted online via the PR portal no more paper based.

For the application package you have to follow the document checklist to see which scenario apply to you and you will know which document you are required to submit in your application.
Hope it helps

Reactions: YVR123 and halars

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Spousal Sponsorship - Outland Application Timeline ( PA with valid TRV ( Approved : Dec 28 2023 and Passport stamped on Jan 10 2024))
  • PA :Indian , Sponsor : Canadian Citizen
  • Application Submitted: September 26 2023
  • Biometric Request : Jan 09 2024
  • AOR: Jan 10 2024
  • Medical Request : Jan 12 2024
  • Biometrics Completed : Jan 15 2024
  • Visa Office: Unknown (As per GCMS notes, Primary office: CPC Mississauga ,Secondary : CIC Sydney)
  • SA - Not yet received
Sponsor Tracker -
  • Eligibility completed : Jan 09 2024
PA Tracker :
  • Biometrics : Completed
  • Medical: In progress
  • Eligibility: Not Started
  • Background check: In progress

Last edited:
Reactions: needinfo92923

halars

Jan 15, 2024
Hello
For your questions, the family class sponsorship for PR, all the applications are submitted online via the PR portal no more paper based.

For the application package you have to follow the document checklist to see which scenario apply to you and you will know which document you are required to submit in your application.
Hope it helps
Hello

Hope it helps
Thank you for your prompt response!

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
Hello all,

I have applied for TRV before we received the AOR. It was 29 October. Today, on 16 January 2024, the TRV was approved and we received a message to send the PA passport.

safia_alam

Jul 12, 2023
DHAKA, BANGLADESH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
App. Filed.......
11-09-2023
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
08-11-2023
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
20-11-2023
Med's Request
15-03-2024
Med's Done....
19-03-2024
Hello all,

I have applied for TRV before we received the AOR. It was 29 October. Today, on 16 January 2024, the TRV was approved and we received a message to send the PA passport.

Did you get any documents (coming from sponsor) notarised?? For example invitation letter, bank statements etc? For TRV

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
Did you get any documents (coming from sponsor) notarised?? For example invitation letter, bank statements etc? For TRV
Nothing notarized. I did not include an invitation letter. She included a letter of explanation with my information (address, work, salary...). We included an employment letter and bank statement.