+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hi everyone - sorry if these are basic questions but I cannot figure out what is next. We got our AOR December 19th (this was following a Nov 9th resubmission of a September 15th original submission). Since then nothing. I know there are holidays in there, so perhaps that's the delay. But it seems that the Biometrics request comes almost immediately with the AOR. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

I also have no clue how to track our file online. I have the Applicaiton number, UCI, but I (the sponsor) cannot get anything to link in my IRCC and my spouse (the PA) has nothing in his online portal. Do I just need to bite the bullet and call IRCC?

thank you!!
Not always you get biometrics right after. In most cases yes but, for some cases the biometrics takes a while to come. Within 2 months of AOR that is totally normal, even 3 months for some cases.

You will learn to be patient with this whole process if you aren't.
Since the 19th I'd say there was about 5 business days so far, so you need to be wait until IRCC can pick up their pace again after the holidays.

S-Z

Dec 26, 2023
Hi everyone - sorry if these are basic questions but I cannot figure out what is next. We got our AOR December 19th (this was following a Nov 9th resubmission of a September 15th original submission). Since then nothing. I know there are holidays in there, so perhaps that's the delay. But it seems that the Biometrics request comes almost immediately with the AOR. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

I also have no clue how to track our file online. I have the Applicaiton number, UCI, but I (the sponsor) cannot get anything to link in my IRCC and my spouse (the PA) has nothing in his online portal. Do I just need to bite the bullet and call IRCC?

thank you!!
Hi, In few cases it is taking some time probably a month or more to get biometrics, SA and so on. I received biometric request and SA 35 days after AOR.

Oti0205

Sep 9, 2023
Greetings everyone,

I had submitted a visitor visa application for my spouse on November 30th, 2023, following the receipt of the AOR and Sponsor approval. I'm delighted to share that the visitor visa has been approved. It's a significant relief considering we had faced two previous rejections (in December 2022 and May 2023) before our marriage. Now, she can travel without any hindrance.

If someone is advising you that applying for a visitor visa is futile due to expected rejection, disregard such opinions. Ensure you submit a comprehensive and well-written application to enhance your chances of approval. Never lose hope simply based on online information!

I appreciate all the support and information provided
Big congratulations to you! Can you please shed light on the key points mentioned in your letter of invitation?

Did you mention anything about how long your spouse would be in Canada for? Did you make reference to the family reunification? Did you apply for the TRV using GCKey or the new portal? And how did you attach the AOR and SA to your application (under what category)

Any additional tips would be useful. Thanks

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
Hello all, so I think they started working again. We received the biometrics request today.

This our history so far:
- Application Submitted: 7 September 2023
- Application rejected: 02 November 2023
- Application re-submitted: 7 November 2023
- AOR: 30 November 2023
- Biometrics Request: 04 January 2024

Reactions: JSOL1

Kali333

Dec 26, 2023
Hi guys, how do you know if your background check and eligibility has started? Will IRCC send you email? I got medical request Dec 28th, but I am not sure how to check backgroudn check and eligibility. Do know approximately how long it will take to get the visa once medical is approved?
hello can u pl tell me how much fee for TRV and we can apply TRV with spousal visa or we have to wait to get file no..

Nassmer

Nov 6, 2023
jadzj
Hello all, so I think they started working again. We received the biometrics request today.

This our history so far:

Hi Jadzj ,
I am in same boat , did you use a representative ..
Every time I have to ask my rep. if any update on my file ,I am sponsoring my spouse from Lebanon too ...
is any way i can get update on my file or waiting?
My AOR was November 29 but my rep send an email to me on Dec 8.

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
jadzj

This our history so far:

Hi Jadzj ,
I am in same boat , did you use a representative ..
Every time I have to ask my rep. if any update on my file ,I am sponsoring my spouse from Lebanon too ...
is any way i can get update on my file or waiting?
My AOR was November 29 but my rep send an email to me on Dec 8.
Yes, I did use a rep. The thing with reps is that they receive all the emails and they have to update you. My rep forwards me the emails whenever they receive one. Maybe creating an account on tracker will help, but you will need the help of the rep because they will send them an email to them to confirm your username.

I had couple of new updates lately:
- Biometrics Done: 05 January 2024
- SA approval: 05 January 2024

InspectorGrover

Sep 15, 2023
Anyone heard any updates in Jan so far? I did receive AOR 2, still no medicals, anxious times.
We just got our Biometrics request today.

Application submitted: Sept 15
Rejected: November 9
Resubmitted: November 9
AOR 1: December 19
Biometrics request: January 8

mithu00z

Jan 29, 2017
Application submitted: Sept 07
AOR : Nov 02
Medical passed: Nov 03
Biometrics completed : Nov 27
Eligibility completed (on PR tracker): Jan 05
Pre-arrival letter: Jan 06

When can we expect PPR? any idea?

Raunak834

Oct 25, 2023

Hopefully very soon approx in 15 days

Can u please tell me, when will your elegibilty and background checking started ??
As my file submited on 11 sept and medical biometric completed

safia_alam

Jul 12, 2023
DHAKA, BANGLADESH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
App. Filed.......
11-09-2023
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
08-11-2023
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
20-11-2023
Med's Request
15-03-2024
Med's Done....
19-03-2024
Anyone heard any updates in Jan so far? I did receive AOR 2, still no medicals, anxious times.
Same only received AOR 2 so far. 2 ghost updates last one Jan 04th, 2024

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Is your application inland or Outland ?
Was the PA inside Canada when submitting PR application?